“Excellent”

Cuisines: Australian, International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Rocks
Description: Great value, casual dining restaurant with table service that has something for everyone: ribs, nachos, pizza, salads, pancakes and more. All day breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert.
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I love pancakes here very much. The restaurant provides many kinds of food such as salad and stakes. The drinks here are cheaper compared with other shops. I love ice chocolate. It's so nice. There are pizzas for you to eat as well. The salad is also nice. For pancakes, many kinds of topping. it s big and yummy. love it.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed in Circular Quay Sydney for the vivid light show this year. It was an easy walk to The Rocks from there even though it was raining. So glad we did because we always get great service and an amazing feed at Pancakes on the Rocks. We arrived, we were seated and within 20 minutes were eating. Even though there were quite a number of other patrons I found the short waiting time impressive. The food and drink left is full and content as per previous visits. We will always return due to the consistency of the service and great food.

1  Thank C7270YHmattj
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Great Service! The pancakes were to die for...they were delicious! We order the mix!
Great Place, I would go there again on next visit.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 18 June 2018

If one is a small eater, consider sharing as the portions were filling. Pancakes were light, fluffy and easy on the palate. Prices were reasonable and service good.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Rarely have I seen such a grotesque collection of sugar, salt, starch and fat on one table. If there was a temple dedicated to the worship of diabetes, POTR would be a contender. I get that it’s a pancake place, and pancakes are not known for being health food. But there is literally nothing on the menu for anyone in your group who just wants to have breakfast while gran & the kids indulge. I’m not asking for green juice and paleo fruit salad, just one single ‘cooked breakfast’ option that’s not swimming in enough fat to power a small suburban home. I ordered hash browns, bacon, sausage & poached egg, which seemed like a safe bet for ‘modest yet tasty’ food. It arrived literally glistening with so much fat I thought the entire plate had been deep fried. The hash brown was so luminescent I didn’t need flash to take a photo. Even that could have been okay if the food wasn’t all so completely nondescript and entirely tasteless. POTR is, apparently, a Sydney institution. That’s great.. just don’t go there if you value the current ‘unclogged’ state of your arteries because it makes the big fast food chains look like health retreats. POTR could do soooooo much better. I won’t be coming back (unless the kids force me, in which case I will just have a coffee)

1  Thank hello2dan