“Good food with bad service.”
Review of Tandoori Hut

Tandoori Hut
Ranked #1,816 of 6,577 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Neighbourhood: Newtown
Neighbourhood: Newtown
Reviewed 7 May 2016

Good food but bad service.Only one staff was servicing all customer.No sequence to serve dishes.Served rice first than main.Naan came after we finished half of our food.Suggested staff to improve service but staff was unwilling to listen.Not valued what we paid for our food.

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Basic Restaurant - offering Indian and Pakistani cuisine. Prices are $15-20 for a main - I got Vindaloo Lamb - which consisted of 10 neatly cut pieces of lamb, plate of rice and a garlic naan.

There wasn't enough meat to feed 2 people - good job I was by myself. Food was spicy - but not vindaloo standard. Naan was over cooked and tasteless. I don't think I'll be back here.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

A friend raved about this restaurant so I gave it a shot however I was massively disappointed.
The service was extremely poor - the service was handled by 2 staff members who seemed extremely untrained ( polite however) but had no service skills whatsoever.
The food was a big disappointment-
I particularly requested for extra spicy for 2 dishes how ever the dishes turn out to be not mild but sweet, however when I did see the final recept the bill did mention extra spicy which makes me question if the dishes are cooked in bulk .
The eatery is more of a take away then a restaurant as the only plates you get are quarter plates ( entrée plates), even for the mail course .

Reviewed 6 October 2015

The food is very good. We just had a couple of meet dishes and three serves of naan between two of us, great value. The surrounding tables were all used by Indian or Pakistani people, which seems to bear testament to the restaurants authenticity.

Reviewed 8 June 2015 via mobile

ordered a takeaway, they told us it would be 1 hour, we phoned after an hour and a half to find out where it was to be told it was on its way, half hour later we called again to find out where it was to be advised it still hadn't been cooked. Rude on the phone and clearly didn't have a clue what was going on! Poor service!