“Great for a light refreshment”
Review of The Ternary

The Ternary
Ranked #27 of 6,492 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 29
Cuisines: Asian, Australian, Grill, Wine Bar
Good for: View, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: The Grill Kitchen, Asian Kitchen and Wine Bar represent the idea of a comfortable and social space where not only great food and wine is shared, but also moments and memories. Our objective is to celebrate fresh produce, capturing three senses; smell, taste and sight. Executive Chef Anthony Flowers brings a contemporary approach to the menu with a focus on texture, balance, local produce and a harmony of flavours. At The Ternary, we have a unique ability to intertwine cultures and cuisines while showcasing an impressive diversity of interactive live cooking styles. Our atmosphere is open and welcoming and serves to highlight the cooking skills and creativity of our Chefs, bringing the three Ternary pillars together and encouraging our guests to converse and engage.
Reviewed 18 March 2018

We enjoyed the salt and pepper calamari and chicken Caesar salad. Service is quick and friendly and we really enjoyed the Pimms on tap to accompany our meal. There's plenty of variety of tables and chairs - high bar tables and stools, lounges, tables and chairs, and choose indoor our outdoor seating - very comfortable which ever you choose

NovotelSydneyDHH, Director of Culinary at The Ternary, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear LindaG144Syd,

Thank-you for taking the time to leave us with such positive feedback. I am so pleased you enjoyed your overall experience with us at The Ternary. I will pass along your feedback to the team. I hope to welcome you back soon to enjoy the some more Pimms next time!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

A short walk across scenic Darling harbour led us to the Novatel Hotel. I generally am a little nervous about hotel eating, but the reviews seemed very positive.........and they were right!
We had the degustation menu, which was an interesting blend of western and Asian delights, every element really yummy. As we were celebrating a birthday, they also upgraded us to the Tomahawk steak, and a special dessert for the birthday girl - very much appreciated. The service was warm, and overall a great experience.

1  Thank alandel01

Dear alandel01,

Thank-you so much for taking the time to leave us with your positive feedback. It's great to read that you had such an enjoyable experience with us at The Ternary. We pride ourselves on our food and service and I will pass along your positive comments to our team. I hope we can accommodate your party again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

We shared plates some were lovely some not . The dim sims were a bit huge and gluggy the crispy prawns filled with coriander. But the beef roll and scallops were divine

Dear Molzmum,

Thank-you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback. I will pass along your comments to the team. I hope to welcome you back soon to The Ternary.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Good service, good food if you like alternative menu and dining experience.
Great that you can watch chefs preparing most of the food.
Bar experience not great at all. Ordered a special coffee and they did not know how to deliver one.

Dear Jakeal82,

Thank-you for taking the time to leave us with feedback about your experience at The Ternary. I am pleased we were able to impress you with our food and service. I have passed along your feedback to the team. I hope to welcome you back to The Ternary soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Had booked a table following some research on TripAdvisor and fact it was so highly rated and due to fact I was staying at Ovolo 1888 so literally 100 yards away!

My wife and I had just got back from a full day of sight seeing in Blue Mountains and other things and the jet-lag from previous day had caught up with us. We fell asleep and woke up at 8.40...20 minutes before our reservation! We were in 2 minds but though we should eat and I had been looking forward to it so we just got ready in record time and strolled the 3 minutes across the road.

So glad we did. Lovely window seat looking into Darlng Harbour. Helpful, attentive staff. Good selection on menu.

Had Chicken Tandoori starter to share which was superb. Wife had udon noodles dish with chicken and I had fillet steak - both meals were fantastic.

Not the cheapest meal but worth the extra $s.

1  Thank GolfBazza

Dear GolfBazza,

Thank-you so much for taking the time to leave us with your positive feedback. I am so pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable experience with us at The Ternary after your long journey. We pride ourselves on our food and service and I will pass along your positive comments to our team. I hope we can impress you again soon at The Ternary.