“dodgy bisness”

Dream Drives Sydney
Ranked #264 of 291 Outdoor Activities in Sydney
Reviewed 24 June 2015

The worst bisness I have ever dealed with!! I don't know how they still find custumers, their service is so poor and unreliable. I had to go and get my 4k bond back after nearly 3 months of calling them with no results but "its not are fault". So DO NOT USE!!!

16  Thank Declan2t

Reviewed 5 March 2015

Rented AUDI R8 for drive between sydney to melbourne, over $3000 rental cost and $10,000
was pulled over car had bold tyres and no registration, had a defective sticker placed in it by police!
When i dropped it off in melbourne, i am 100% certain that two small scratches by door, were done by the gentleman who was accepting the car as he knew i would be asking for a refund, kept over half my bond to repair these tiny scratches and completly laughed at the idea of me geting any money back as he had hardly made any profit. An expensive lesson learned, im a firm believer in karma and sure the gentleman in Melbounre will hopefully have some s*** luck soon enough :) , AVOIDD!

28  Thank ranj t
Reviewed 27 February 2015

Like the other reviews on here the experience with this company was disgusting. My family organized a high end sports car for a 24 hour hire as a birthday gift and I paid a $7.5K bond. The company promised to have the bond back to me within 10 days.

Now before I start my rant, to be the clear, car was returned in the same condition which I picked it up - only cleaner.

After 8 weeks, 1 cheque that bounced and 2 fake EFT deposits that never made my account, multiple phone calls and emails, I decided a trip to the Dream Drives office was in order. After promising to sit my backside in their office for as long as it took to get the bond back I was paid MOST of the bond back (short paid by $300). They told me they had to take the merchant fees out of the bond I paid (but not until after I returned the car and was fighting to get the bond back)

Everything that the staff told me was a lie, From cheques being in the mail to the fake EFT transfers. The car my family booked wasn't available on the day. The car they gave me was filthy on the outside with minor body damage and a banged up mag wheel.

Be Warned they are about to change company names again which will mean that there people who will get caught out by these low lifes.

If you have been caught be this company as I did, I suggest you go to their office, park your car across their driveway and demand you bond back. If they threaten to call the police, welcome the opportunity to discuss the situation with the police as I am sure that the fraud squad would be interested in your story.

Finally If they tell you all this is to do with the old company - well that's a lie to. This just happened to me. Jan 15

While driving the car was fun it certainly wasn't worth 8 weeks of heart ache.

25  Thank Keith R
Reviewed 5 February 2015

Took 2 months for my $10k security deposit to be returned. Had several "cheque is in the mail" conversations, followed by actually receiving a cheque only for it to bounce. They then doctored up a funds transfer to make it look like they had electronically transferred the money, but still nothing. They then deposited another cheque in my account only for it to bounce. Then finally received the funds just as I was about to commence legal proceedings. Imagine it would have taken longer had I not been persistent.

These guys are completely dodgy. Must be close to insolvent, only staying afloat by us fools who pay obscene deposits.

I urge you to stay away. I wish I had.

23  Thank John B
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 January 2015 via mobile

I rent a car with them one and half year ago , my $7000 bond still has not been return , took them to court and won on default judgment , they change the company ( Sydney sports car rentals) to Dream drive to avoid payment . As far as I know I'm not the only one taking legal action against them . Just stay away from this company , this people are nasty . Their intention is to lure u in with the cheap car rental so they can take your bond . The sad thing is they can get away with it . There nothing u can do about it

25  Thank Hiep T