Review Highlights
Caution! Keep away from DreamDrive

I rented the car there , had an accident they end up made me pay for the accident by cash ,they... read more

Reviewed 12 November 2017
xevolutionx
via mobile
Negative experience - Would not recommend

Rent a porsche for 5 days from Ultimate Car Rentals two months ago, got partial refund of the... read more

Reviewed 25 September 2015

from US$ 94.20
from US$ 218.40
from US$ 43.10
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 February 2015

Like the other reviews on here the experience with this company was disgusting. My family organized a high end sports car for a 24 hour hire as a birthday gift and I paid a $7.5K bond. The company promised to have the bond back to me within 10 days.

Now before I start my rant, to be the clear, car was returned in the same condition which I picked it up - only cleaner.

After 8 weeks, 1 cheque that bounced and 2 fake EFT deposits that never made my account, multiple phone calls and emails, I decided a trip to the Dream Drives office was in order. After promising to sit my backside in their office for as long as it took to get the bond back I was paid MOST of the bond back (short paid by $300). They told me they had to take the merchant fees out of the bond I paid (but not until after I returned the car and was fighting to get the bond back)

Everything that the staff told me was a lie, From cheques being in the mail to the fake EFT transfers. The car my family booked wasn't available on the day. The car they gave me was filthy on the outside with minor body damage and a banged up mag wheel.

Be Warned they are about to change company names again which will mean that there people who will get caught out by these low lifes.

If you have been caught be this company as I did, I suggest you go to their office, park your car across their driveway and demand you bond back. If they threaten to call the police, welcome the opportunity to discuss the situation with the police as I am sure that the fraud squad would be interested in your story.

Finally If they tell you all this is to do with the old company - well that's a lie to. This just happened to me. Jan 15

While driving the car was fun it certainly wasn't worth 8 weeks of heart ache.

Date of experience: January 2015
25  Thank Keith R
Reviewed 5 February 2015

Took 2 months for my $10k security deposit to be returned. Had several "cheque is in the mail" conversations, followed by actually receiving a cheque only for it to bounce. They then doctored up a funds transfer to make it look like they had electronically transferred the money, but still nothing. They then deposited another cheque in my account only for it to bounce. Then finally received the funds just as I was about to commence legal proceedings. Imagine it would have taken longer had I not been persistent.

These guys are completely dodgy. Must be close to insolvent, only staying afloat by us fools who pay obscene deposits.

I urge you to stay away. I wish I had.

Date of experience: December 2014
23  Thank John B
Reviewed 22 January 2015 via mobile

I rent a car with them one and half year ago , my $7000 bond still has not been return , took them to court and won on default judgment , they change the company ( Sydney sports car rentals) to Dream drive to avoid payment . As far as I know I'm not the only one taking legal action against them . Just stay away from this company , this people are nasty . Their intention is to lure u in with the cheap car rental so they can take your bond . The sad thing is they can get away with it . There nothing u can do about it

25  Thank Hiep T
Reviewed 26 December 2014

Interesting to see these recent reviews. We used them in June 2014 and our credit card was debited twice for the bond took weeks to refund.

Staff are friendly on pickup but don't know how they life with themselves.

Date of experience: June 2014
16  Thank Btraveler100
Reviewed 25 November 2014

Terrible company! I cannot stress this enough! We are also waiting for our bond (luckily nowhere near as much as others are owed) and we get the exact same run around as everyone else! Phone calls, promises of money being transferred etc. I contacted the police, consumer affairs, fair trading and hope to achieve something. For further information, look on whirlpool as well, it makes your hair stand up!

Date of experience: October 2014