“I wish the rating system went lower”

Dream Drives Sydney
Ranked #264 of 291 Outdoor Activities in Sydney
Reviewed 5 February 2015

Took 2 months for my $10k security deposit to be returned. Had several "cheque is in the mail" conversations, followed by actually receiving a cheque only for it to bounce. They then doctored up a funds transfer to make it look like they had electronically transferred the money, but still nothing. They then deposited another cheque in my account only for it to bounce. Then finally received the funds just as I was about to commence legal proceedings. Imagine it would have taken longer had I not been persistent.

These guys are completely dodgy. Must be close to insolvent, only staying afloat by us fools who pay obscene deposits.

I urge you to stay away. I wish I had.

23  Thank John B

Reviewed 22 January 2015 via mobile

I rent a car with them one and half year ago , my $7000 bond still has not been return , took them to court and won on default judgment , they change the company ( Sydney sports car rentals) to Dream drive to avoid payment . As far as I know I'm not the only one taking legal action against them . Just stay away from this company , this people are nasty . Their intention is to lure u in with the cheap car rental so they can take your bond . The sad thing is they can get away with it . There nothing u can do about it

25  Thank Hiep T
Reviewed 26 December 2014

Interesting to see these recent reviews. We used them in June 2014 and our credit card was debited twice for the bond took weeks to refund.

Staff are friendly on pickup but don't know how they life with themselves.

16  Thank Btraveler100
Reviewed 25 November 2014

Terrible company! I cannot stress this enough! We are also waiting for our bond (luckily nowhere near as much as others are owed) and we get the exact same run around as everyone else! Phone calls, promises of money being transferred etc. I contacted the police, consumer affairs, fair trading and hope to achieve something. For further information, look on whirlpool as well, it makes your hair stand up!

20  Thank Rugrats F
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 November 2014

Terrible experience with this company!

I paid a substantial amount of money IN CASH as a holding deposit for the hire of an elite vehicle. It was a once in a lifetime splurge present for my husband, something that I would never be able to do again..especially after dealing with this company.

They were initially OVERLY friendly and accommodating until I returned the car, in MINT condition, and they told me that my CASH BOND would be posted out the following day.

Over a month later...I'm still waiting, the accounts number is never answered and the staff claim that the accounts are handled elsewhere!

I was desperate to have the money returned on compassionate grounds and pleaded my special circumstances case with them, but they didnt give a damn!

I think the media would be very interested in this story! There seems to be many others with the same experience.

17  Thank Aussiepenguin11