“Occasional visit”
Review of The Forresters

The Forresters
Ranked #187 of 250 Nightlife in Sydney
Reviewed 16 September 2015

Was very disappointed on this occasion. Frequently visited just for a beer but this time beer and ciders found to be gross.

Reviewed 24 June 2015

So I love a bargain, someone says $5 steak on my walk from the station to my house and I say show me where. (It's on a mon) I was expecting a real dive bar, and it's kinda cool inside. Menu looks pretty good but the steak was on offer so that's what I was gonna have! It come with mash/fries and sauce. No veg, which I fancied, but I was to cheap to pay $5 for steak then $8 on veg... I went to order but must have been stood by the bar that was closed, 3 staff stood there watching me whilst they chatted, just completely ignoring my existence while I hot more pushed off and after 10 mins asked to order and was told round there with a brief wave off. Rude. Was fuming. Went to the main bar and the girl was really lovely. Food came quickly, was kinda small but for the price really good! Juicy steak, creamy mash and plenty of sauce! If you like a bargain I'd recommend it, hopefully you will come across the nice staff not the rude ones!!

Reviewed 21 May 2015 via mobile

I recently had my birthday at The Forresters and loved the evening. They are one of the few venues left that don't require a minimum spend or set menu so guests were able to order what they wanted which was great. Atmosphere was great as well. Only downside was how early the beer garden closed and a bit of a wait sometimes for the bar, but all in all I'd definitely recommend!

Reviewed 5 February 2015

I attended Forresters in Surry Hills on Friday, 30 January 2015. Upon arriving I purchased some food, enjoyed by a party of four. I then followed this up by purchasing the first beverage of the night being a bottle of wine to be shared outside.

Before I even had a chance to have a sip of the glass of wine I poured for myself, a bouncer approached us and told us that if we were not eating we would have to go inside. I told him we had just finished our meals and we would finish our drink then go inside. A few minutes later a second bouncer came up to us and reiterated this a second time. I confirmed we understood. About five minutes later a third bouncer came up and removed my drink from the railing (fair enough) placed it on the table and repeated the same instruction. By the fourth bouncer coming up to us and beginning the same routine, I interjected and said that we were being harassed by the bouncers and we just wanted to enjoy our drink without interruption. He immediately said, "I think you've had enough, and you can leave". I said to him, "I just purchased the wine. Either you can have the manager come over and I will chat with him or her or you can refund me the amount paid and I will leave". As he left, he made a remark, "finish your glass and then you're out". I replied, "whatever" and he immediately came back and bridged up. I told him again, "I will finish my drink and then I will leave". He went off and spoke with the security manager and we were left alone. This was until I was going inside, still with the drink in hand (no more than 5 minutes later) and I was stopped at the door by the security manager telling me I was not to come in because I had been rude to staff. I attempted to discuss this with him and he immediately said, "don't play the sympathetic card" and I said, "I am just explaining what happened". I gave him the opportunity to speak and shortly after when I attempted to explain what happened, "he said, no you're done" and gave me a 50m warning card (intended for unruly and aggressive patrons) and said if you come within 50m of the venue he would call the police and have me taken away. We left and had a much better night at the Clock Hotel around the corner.

Terrible customer service, horrible stupid crowd controllers and overall, something the bar manager should be very aware of.

2  Thank Andrewg6887