Medusa
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsboutique hotelaesop toiletriesgrand roomkings crossdarlinghurst roadsmall hotelentire bathroomvictoria stinner courtyardbathroom productsfriendly hotellarge bathroomstayed here for three nightsgreat showerlight sleeperwithin easy walking distancelate checkout
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We had the Love Darlo package and it was a lovely place to stay

We had room 206 which had a huge balcony overlooking the main street do it was a little noisy butif you closed the windows you barely heard a thing

It also had a spa bath on the balcony but it had been turned off as the local bees had made a nest in the outlet pipe but it was being able to sit out and watch the world go past was great

Lovely local restaurants the Ecabar wax lovely for breakfast and a few minutes down the road is Phamish a wonderful Vietnamise restaurant

Local buses are good but a pass from the news agents the ten trip one is good as more than one person can use it at the same time

Also well worth going to Hyde Park Barracks for the convicts tour we had a great free tour with Diana who really made it come alive

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank edwmagee
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Loved the Medusa. Staff were incredibly helpful (even finding me non feather pillows!) but beware the standard rooms are TINY! No clothes drawers or cupboards and definitely not what you would want to hang out in. having said that if your there to go out and explore and only need a comfortable bed and clean room then it's perfect. Being an inner city hotel it was a bit noisy but not overly (and I'm a light sleeper) however it is also a old Victorian terrace so you will hear the doors banging! Internet pictures reflect slightly less tired rooms but for the price we paid ($210) and the location and service I would definitely be back next time I'm going out in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank bondilocal
NickWillox, Public Relations Manager at Medusa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Thank you Bondi Local - Pillows are so important and we are glad you were able to find the right fit from our Pillow Menu. At Medusa every room is different - some are huge and some are smaller we hope one day we can spoil you with one of our Grand rooms, we love to spoil our return guests with an upgrade where we can! Thank you for the feed back and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

This is an outstanding hotel. This review is a little late. I stayed in July 2010.

Take notice, if you are looking for a standard hotel experience, this is not it. The Medusa has character and plenty of it. If you have strong views on the LBGT lifestyle, this is not for you.

First, the property itself. The Medusa is bright pink building located in Darlinghurst. I loved the location. It was in a little semi-residential area just outside downtown Sydney. It was within walking distance from King's Cross but far away enough to avoid the noise of the area. There were loads and loads of good restaurants around the area to explore.

Next, the rooms. The room I stayed in was a little small. But it made up for the size with good design. The cupboards and room in general were well thought out. The room was clean and well maintained.

Finally, the staff. Excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They gave my wife and I loads of helpful information about where to go, what to see and which restaurants to try. The were the real reason why this place stands out.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RissieD

Dear Rissie D,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback, we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay, it makes us so proud of our team to read of your experience at the Medusa! We hope you can come back and stay with us again soon - there are even more great restaurants and bars in the area to try now!

Reviewed 22 February 2012

An amazing hotel. Hotel staff were really helpful and pleasant. Rooms were clean.
Thanks to Luke for taking our Huge bags upto the room!!
Would definately recommend to stay here!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beardo2504
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This place is great - the rooms are modern and clean, the staff are friendly and the location is one of the best in Sydney.

My gripe is that, at least in the rooms I have had, there is no place for storing clothes (if you're there for more than 2 days) and no power points. I was there for business and needed somewhere to plug in my lap top and phone but there wasn't anywhere to do so. Not a singe spare power point.

That aside though, this is a great and funky hotel and I'd return.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business