Open today: 9:30 AM - 6:30 PM
Review Highlights
Loved this Aussie OPAL & Rock Shop. Good Pricing!

We stopped by this old opal shop that we have shopped at before while in Sydney and bought several... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
midwaytoheaven
Midway, Utah
Superb service & selection

Came to The Rocks with my family in search of an opal ring for my 40th birthday. Paul at Rockhounds... read more

Reviewed 1 December 2018

Sydney BridgeClimb
1,818 Reviews
from US$ 121.30
More Info
All reviews opal shop boulder opal opals jewelry pendant australia rocks
Reviewed 10 March 2015

The opal is the national gemstone of Australia, so you can't help but notice all of the opal shops during your visit to Sydney -- lots of options for gifts and souvenirs.

I did some comparison shopping, and found that Rockhounds offered the best price, and selection in the Sydney area. The staff were genuine, helpful, and didn't make me feel pressured.

I had a great experience there, and am really happy with my purchases!

Date of experience: March 2015
3  Thank kevinmont2014
Reviewed 16 January 2015

I looked at most of the Opal stores in the Sydney CBD and found the the best experience to be Rockhounds. The staff was helpful and without being pushy. They had a really good selection and great prices. There were stores within walking distance charging almost twice as much for similar stones. If you are shopping for Opals in Sydney, make sure you stop in here.

Date of experience: January 2015
2  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 30 November 2014 via mobile

Spent a few day in Sydney and walk around to most of the opal shops. I found rockhounds to have the best product and prices.

Date of experience: October 2014
5  Thank Mariner H
Reviewed 17 August 2014

On my visit to Sydney I wanted to purchase an opal ring. I found that the prices here where the cheapest and seemed very nice. I bought an opal ring in the shape of a heart but sadly the opal fell out after only 1 week. Luckily, I found it and are going to get it fixed.

Date of experience: August 2014
4  Thank 366Jess366
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Rockhounds has the best selection of opal in Sydney.
Prised for $39 to OMG.
The staff there are very helpful and don't Harass you.
Rockhounds is Defiantly worth a look before you buy anywhere else.

4  Thank Maz00h