“They say you can’t get good Mexican food in Sydney, but…”
Review of Mejico

Mejico
Ranked #279 of 6,781 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

Visiting with four friends, we shared a mid-week dinner at Mejico - and it was packed! I ended up facing the psychedelic wall which meant I couldn’t observe too much of what was going on around the restaurant, but I could still observe the food. And that was good..

To make things easier we chose the $59pp ‘Feed me’ banquet which looking back at the menu included:
- Guacamole (I think we ordered this in addition to..)
- Watermelon Salad
- Snapper and spicy mango
- Hickory & honey smoked brisket taco (bit dry actually)
- Corn lollipops
- Grilled Halloumi
- Potatoes Bravas
- Achiote chicken
- Adobo lamb rump
- Margarita cheesecake
- Churros

…which you’ll note is a lot of food and a better way to sample a good chunk of the menu. At first glance, it is pretty pricey but the value lies in the commitment to ingredients, their pairings and after tastes. I was particularly happy with the spice that remained at the back of my throat for a few hours after.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

I absolutely love this restaurant. The food is amazing so is the environment. I would recommend you to try the heirloom tomato ceviche, jalapeño poppers and the guacamole with banana chips. You won't regret.

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Delicious food and drinks:
We had some nice Mexican tapas. Excellent Guacamole 15$ AUD, Jalapeño Poppers very spicy 14$ AUD, Chorizo 2 Tacos 12$ AUD, Grilled Halloumi sweet dressing 16$ AUD and Sangria for 2 36$ AUD.
In total we paid for 2 persons 107$ AUD.

Friendly and fast service:
We arrived there without a reservation on Saturday evening 8pm. It was completely full. We got a seat at the bar. It was also comfortable to eat. No problem.

Loud location:
The place is very noisy. It's great to have some good food and nice drinks but not really a place where you can talk. Go there with some friends but no "romantic candle light" - atmosphere.

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Well, I love food and must honestly say the chef is genius,
Maybe Mexican influence but such and amazing combination of flavours.
We loved the entire evening.
Food, drinks, and service. Even though very busy.
Give this place a try, well worth it.
Ps (who would have thought corn could taste that good!!)

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Don't expect texmex here. The food is inventive & delicious. You can have the guacamole made at the table as a bit of a show, or just get it brought to you. Either way, with any other starter it is really good.

They do a few different tacos, but have a selection of mains that aren't mainstream Mexican. Moderate in terms of price, more expensive if you go for the tequila options - they specialise & you can have a tequila tasting alongside your food. It's a fun night out with great food. Book though - you won't get a table otherwise.

Georgina A, Guest Relations Manager at Mejico, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Dear Krakatoa1049,

Thanks for your kind words! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our concept here at Mejico Pitt Street.

We'll look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind Regards,