See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 November 2016

Worst hostel I have ever seen. There is a strong smell of mold in the hostel and the rooms and common area are really dirty. The floors are not cleaned very often for sure, because we found a lot of trash (including a pizza point half eaten...) and insects in the room. Our room, the ''party room'' as other resident called it was so messy we could barely sit on the couch. I think the worst part was the employees. One of them (the one that was in charge of cleaning) was really rude and grumpy. We also got some of our stuff stolen and we really think that it was by this employee that really looked like he hated us. I felt really unwelcome to this place and I strongly recommend everyone to avoid this place.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank pelletier697
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Myself and a few friends stayed here for two weeks a few months back and it was the worst hostel we have stayed in. First off the manager Steve is the rudest man I have ever come across. He has no people skills what so ever, passive aggressive and when you ask him simple question he cant resist without a smart answer. His wife on the other hand is no better either, she doesn't have a clue. All she says is "talk to Steve" really rude individual aswell. The rooms are disgusting. On one occasion I even scrubbed the room myself with disinfectant only to find rotten food behind the fridge. When I told Steve, he for one didn't even say thanks for cleaning the room he just stood there with a stupid look on his face. Didn't even come down to check the room either to see how well we cleaned it. On the weekends there is noise like you would expect over drinking games which was great and we made friends there. What I didnt appreciate was the other so called manager "Roman" while he was on duty getting absolutely pissed and I've seen him do drugs in the hostel in other peoples room. What got me really annoyed, there was a noise complaint made and on Monday and Roman would come around and tell us off for being loud. He managed to blame everyone but took no responsibility himself even tho he was gurning his face off the night before. Absolute disgrace. Only two toilets and two showers in the whole hostel, easily waiting a good 30 mins before you can get in. My advice to you just move along they dont deserve your earned cash. There are better hostels close by. Never again would I come back to stay in a dump like that.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Brian L
Reviewed 1 March 2016

We spent one night in a four shared room. We can only recommend this hostel!!! We’ve paid 25 bugs each and got a very clean room with own fridge! Free Wifi is fast and available in the rooms. The bathrooms are little bit old but clean and absolutely ok for the money. Kitchen clean! Moreover the location is more than perfect: only 5mins walk from central station!! The only thing we missed is an air-con, it was crazy hot in the night. This might me a problem for people who have problems to fall asleep. We were surprised how much you can get for this money! Thumbs up!

Date of stay: February 2016
Reviewed 4 January 2016 via mobile

Myself and two other friends stayed here for 1 week. We booked the accommodation months ago because we knew everywhere would get very booked up over the Christmas/New Year period. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm, and it was absolutely boiling! There is just one fan, and a ceiling fan (which does absolutely nothing). It was very hard to sleep at night due to the heat of the room. It's cooler outside than in the rooms. The whole place smells a bit too.

Room was very basic, the whole place could do with a makeover to be honest. I can't say decor normally bothers me where I stay, as long as I have a bed, but it just made the rooms so dark and dingy. Beds weren't very comfortable, however my sheets were clean which is always a relief. We did have a TV in our room which was nice, and you can borrow DVDs from reception whenever you want.

The WORST thing about this place is the fact they only have 2 showers in the whole building, which just seems totally ridiculous. Constantly having to queue to use the shower and/or toilet (of which there are only 4). There is no common room here, just a small kitchen which has four chairs in it...wifi was free, but only worked in the kitchen for us.

Didn't really see much of the guys in reception so can't really comment on that. However they were polite and friendly the few times we did encounter anyone (check in/check out). This place definitely has the potential to be a really good hostel because it's in a perfect location! They just need to actually make it look decent and get it decorated, get a common room, and sort out the shower situation.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank mrat1994
Reviewed 29 October 2015 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights in a four bed mixed dorm. The room itself was so so, it was very hot though the weather outside wasn't. The bunk beds were wobbly and the mattresses not too comfy. The good thing was the in room fridge. Toilet and shower were quite clean, despite when some of the guests didn't bother to clean after shaving or didn't care for putting their trash in to the bin... Come on. The biggest problem was the kitchen. I would say that half of the guests washed up their dishes and half of didn't. Not very considerable to the others. Also people seemed to be very rude, for example didn't want to give space to eat for the others etc. I even saw one person drinking tea and putting the unwashed cup back with the clean ones. Disgusting. I think the place is not well managed and there's no supervising what so ever.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rikulitsa