I've stayed here a few times - sometimes it's good, other times not so much.
Pro's - it's good value but, unlike the other cheaper hostels, not located in Kings Cross!
- easy walking distance to the Belvoir Theatre and a lot of good restaurants near by
- a very quiet location so you'll get a good night's sleep
Con's - not always as clean as it could be
- limited areas for socialising.
- the kitchen and dining area is sort-of outside under verandahs. Nice in summer, but not
terribly inviting in winter.
There are 2 supermarkets within about 10 minutes' walk, and it's less than 10 minutes' walk to either Central Station or Redfern. Buses along Cleveland Street stop nearly at the door, or buses into the CBD leave on Elizabeth Street which is only a few minutes' walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Village Surry Hills is located smack-bang in vibrant Surry Hills. We're just a 5 minute walk to the city and Central Station, and a quick train or bus ride to the beach. Experience living like a local in a popular and trendy neighbourhood, while having Sydney's most iconic sights at your fingertips! Our quality accommodation is in a heritage building with modern renovations and a touch of industrial style. We've got a range of dorm and private rooms to suit every guest and budget, and a friendly vibe that will have you feeling right at home! Our modern and comfortable communal areas are the perfect place to meet fellow travelers. Cook up a storm with new friends in our communal kitchen and eat alfresco in our dining area. Sit in the courtyard and soak up the sunshine, or chill out and watch a movie in our comfy TV lounge while you plan your next adventure! We offer weekly hostel events including BBQ's, Movie Nights and more, as well as a free breakfast provided daily to start your day the right way. Our friendly staff will ensure that you enjoy your stay, and will happily their local knowledge and tips about the best places to see! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your The Village Surry Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alfred Park Hotel Sydney