“Good business hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #52 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Brisbane, Queensland
“Good business hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed here for a conference recently and the conferencing was excellent. The conference food was good, the facilities excellent.
The hotel room however was quite small and the bathroom even smaller. The shower is over the bath, which is annoying in a five star property.
The bed and bedding was wonderful, like sleeping on clouds.
The check in was smooth, with a very friendly and helpful guy checking in and offering suggestions (after being asked) for dinner and providing great insight.
The room wasn't sound proofed so the noise from the lift and corridor was quite invasive.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
It was most pleasing to read your review and I am truly happy that you enjoyed your Sofitel experience.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay and I am glad that the conference you attended was excellend.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Kind regards,
Hotel Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (713)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I last stayed at the Sofitel Wentworth a couple of years ago and found it very good, so decided to stay again as I was working nearby. I was very impressed with the welcome and the service was very helpful. I decided that it's something that I want my wife to share so have booked another visit with her for August. The location is excellent, not far from Circular Quay and Wynyard Station.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It was so pleasing to read your review and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful Sofitel experience.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and I will be certain to pass them on to our entire team. We certainly take pride in our guest offering and it is feedback such as yours that inspires our team as they strive to exceed our guests, expectations.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Nt, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Sofitel for a business conference held in the hotel. Upon arriving in heavy rain at 1.30pm after a long flight I was told my room wasn't ready and check in was 2.00pm. Although everyone else checking in seemed to be able to access their room at the same time as me. Eventually I was able to go to my room which was quite spacious and well appointed. Howevever the shower/bath had clearly not be cleaned from the last guest. The next day after ordering porridge for breakfast as per the menu I was told there was none in the hotel and was subsituted with muesli. Not a huge problem but seemed odd for a large hotel. When checking out I enquired at reception where the conference was being held as no notice boards were updated. I was told it wasn't being held there. After querying this again I was quite rudely given wrong directions to a room that didn't exist. The conference itself was noisy due to construction and two people tripped over exposed power cords. It was the first and last time I would stay there.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments and I appreciated your honesty.

I was disappointed to read that our Hotel did not live up to your expectations and I sincerely apologise for the lack of communication you received on check in along with the cleanliness of the room and attention in the conference.

I have shared your comments with our team and know that your feedback will inspire them to strive harder for our future guests.

Again, thank you for your feedback. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We chose to stay at the Sofitel for our wedding anniversay - has a strong french influence. From the time of setting foot in the hotel to the valet parking delivering our vehicle, we found the staff, customer service provided to be outstanding, award winning & highly professional. The dinner in the restaurant was fabulous, we were left wanting more & the the french wine the waiter recommended was superb. We have travelled the world & find the Sofitel outdoes some other 5 star hotels in the area. The stay was brilliant, I cannot mention anything to fault; the concierge were the BEST! I would recommend anyone to stay at the hotel & we will stay again soon.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eur0traveller70
I was delighted to read your comments and am very glad that you enjoyed your Sofitel experience and were able to celebrate your wedding anniversary with us.

I am most pleased that the location was convenient for you and that you found the services of our Concierge team memorable. I will certainly ensure that your feedback is passed on to them.

Thank you for taking the time to write and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.