Quaint and Quirky. The Russell is an old refurbished hotel and is very clean and the location is perfect if you are visiting The Rocks in Sydney. Breakfast was very good. Staff were friendly.
Minor complaints were:
(1) Our room did not have a bar fridge (not sure if other rooms were without a fridge).
(2) The water in the shower (which was over the bath) was difficult to adjust to the required temperature, but when achieved was good.
(3) The shower leaked continuously but could not be heard from the bed so did not interrupt sleep.
(4) Room 26 (where we stayed) was directly under the rooftop "garden" area and the footsteps of the people could be heard and sounded very loud. (this area was closed off at 10 pm so it didn't go on late into the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Russell Hotel with just 29 delightfully different rooms is perfectly located for the Sydney visitor seeking a convenient and characterful base from which to explore this exciting city.Sydney is literally on your doorstep at the Russell with Circular Quay, Sydney Harbour and the Museum of Contemporary Art just across the road.The Russell Hotel is a gorgeous bed and breakfast hotel known for its superb location and charm.No two guest rooms are identical at The Russell. The Russell offers a variety of ensuite rooms and very affordable rooms with shared bathroom. The largest rooms overlook George Street whilst guests in search of tranquillity might prefer one of the courtyard rooms or one above Nurses Walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, HostelWorld and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Russell Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Russell Hotel Sydney
- Russell Hotel Sydney
- Russell Sydney