“Excellent Hotel!”

Ranked #52 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Middlesbrough
“Excellent Hotel!”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The Rendezvous is ideally positioned in the Rocks area of Sydney with views of the bridge. The staff were very helpful friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived (at 0700). We were given use of the spa area to freshen up until our room was ready.
The room was large, clean and well equipped with a full kitchen area. The large balcony had views over sydney and that bridge. Breakfasts were the usually buffet style, not much variety but sufficient. They seemed pricey but not compared to the rest of Sydney.
We would definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pete M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 26 April 2012

With my husband attending two days of meetings in Sydney it was too good an opportunity to pass up a couple of nights in Sydney for myself and our young toddler. Finding the Rendevous Stafford on Wotif, I was originally going to book the standard 1 brm apartment (with no view or balcony) which seemed good value. But then I mentioned that a harbour view room was also available and we decided "what the hell" lets treat ourselves. I'm so glad we did because the views from our room on the 6th floor were fantastic and well worth the extra expense. The balcony was huge and all glassed in so it was safe for our toddler to run around. We had spectacular views of the Opera House and the huge cruise ship berthed at Circular Quay.

The location of the Rendevous Stafford is right in the middle of the Rocks just up the road from the Argyle Centre and 5 minutes walk down to Circular Quay - a very convenient location. The apartment was very quiet and comfortable. Parking is available underneath the hotel (at a cost) and is accessble via a lift from the hotel (an advantage that a lot of other hotels don't have). We enjoyed our stay at the Rendevous Stafford Hotel so much it will be difficult to stay anywhere else in Sydney!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank dgtravelbug
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stayed here on Anzac Day Eve. Didn't find it as great as recent views suggested, but it is hard to find good accom. in Sydney unless you spend $500 a night.

Good points - great location in the Rocks, close to Circular Quay and Opera House. Nice view of harbour bridge from balcony, quiet, comfortable, self-contained kitchenette was good.

Negative points - cleanliness - there were stains like blood on the back of the bathroom door. Hair from other guests was left stuck to the walls and other surfaces from where the cleaner had wiped over. Service - not rude, but staff were indifferent. Also, I asked what time was checkout and the night desk clerk (early hours of 25 April 2012) told me straight away it was 12 noon. I felt he didn't really know, but just told me that randomly - or maybe he was trying to trick me into getting over charged. Next morning I checked again with another desk clerk and was told 12 noon was wrong - it is 10am.

Complimentary tea/coffee - no milk was provided in my room, I had to ask for it to be sent up.

I will stay elsewhere next time I find myself in Sydney.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Nerissa W
Ravi S, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Sydney The Rocks, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Dear CochinCat,

Thank you for your feedback we have used your comments to assist us in improving our standard of service.
Kind Regards
Aberdour, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a 3 week stay at the Rendezvous. This hotel deserves a higher rating. We were lucky enough to stay in a Terrace House, which had all the comforts of home but with someone else doing all the chores each day. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Location wise the Rendezvous could not be better, ideal for Circular Quay, buses and train station. Lots of good eateries to suit all budgets close by.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Liz W
Camarillo, California (Near Los Angeles)
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed here during my first visit to Australia and was looking for a reasonably priced room with a view of the Sydney Opera House. The Rendezvous Stafford Hotel did NOT disappoint me. My room was nicely furnished with a kitchenette, a dining area, a sitting area, and a balcony. Best of all, it had a 12:00 o'clock view of the Sydney Opera House and a 9:00 o'clock view of the Harbour Bridge. I was delighted! I feel obliged to note however that not all rooms had a view of the Opera House. I advice that you ask for it in advance. Their staff worked hard to satisfy my requests.

It offered a complementary continental breakfast when I visited. It also had a swimming pool.

As other reviewers have noted, it was located in the heart of the Rocks and steps away from Circular Quay.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the Opera House, ask for one in advance and get the name of the person helping...