I visited Sydney for the umpteenth time last week. We had left booking until the week before so twin share rooms near circular quay were not easy to find. I am glad that we booked the Sebel. It has a stunning location just under the harbour bridge, and breakfast views are to the water. We stayed in the cheaper of the rooms and they were a good size. We asked and received a quiet room, on the top floor. The conversion from wharf to hotel has been done very sympathetically, and it is lovely so see some original features.
The room was clean and comfy, the double glazing meant the room window could not be opened, but I guess they do this to eliminate noise from the bridge. The room was very quiet. Bathroom was fine, toilet is very noisy- some kind of vacuum system, water efficient no doubt and you do get used to it. Bed a little firm for my liking, but comfortable.
Bar service was good, concierge friendly.
We had a snack on the first day and the inside of the spring rolls were cold, this was rectified well by staff but I would have preferred it not to happen. We decided not to eat in the restaurant for dinner as a result of this. This was a shame as the weather was dreadful and we got drenched going out for dinner on the second night. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty, your standard sydney big hotel breakfast.
The location makes this hotel, being on the water gives a feeling of space and light and yet you are only 5 mins walk to the bustle of circular quay. But for the food problem I would have scored it higher.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection is ideally located on the magnificent Sydney waterfront close to the Southern pylon of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Boutique in size, our hotel features 189 unique federation style rooms with contemporary chic furnishings. Located in the heart of the Rocks, our hotel offers the perfect accommodation for exploring Sydney or getting friends together for a special event or wedding. The Gantry Restaurant & Bar offers its guests the ultimate open air dining experience with full panoramic views of Walsh Bay. Our luxury Sydney Harbour hotel's accommodations also offer a smoke-free environment, valet parking and 24-hour security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Pier 1 Sydney
- Sebel Pier One Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Pier One Hotel Sydney
- Pier One Sydney
- Sydney Sebel Pier One