1,263 results
All reviews star city lyric theatre casino complex darling harbour pyrmont view bedroom apartment light rail room service city view an upgrade upgraded to a suite mini bar full kitchen king bed buffet breakfast central station valet
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

I honestly was taken aback at how simple check in was , a lovely gentleman checked my daughter and I in , it took a few minutes at best, he was efficient helpful and engaging , our room was WOW, like the service we had , super spacious , super clean , and the comfort factor was ridiculously amazing . I can’t find a fault in anything at all. Check out was easy as well. I honestly just need an excuse to come back and stay , you won’t be disappointed, there is a little construction but if it means a better service then it is worth the inconvenience. Thank you to the star , thank you to the check in staff , I feel terrible I can’t remember his name starts with K, he was amazing !!! The dining options under the hotel were ample , in room service was beautiful and fast. I just love love love everything .

Trip type: Travelled with family
The_Star_Management, Manager at Astral Tower and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Dear Maleya,

Thank you for taking the time leave us such a wonderful review your stay with us at Astral Tower & Residences. We sincerely appreciate the 5 out of 5 rating.

We do strive to perfect our service and ensure it is much more memorable than the current refurbishment upgrades happening on premises here at The Star.

We believe you are referring to Karel our Front Desk Agent who checked you in, thank you for passing on this feedback.

We do hope we get the opportunity to wow you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed at The Astral Residence for just over a week. I normally stay at The Darling because of work but due to staying with family we needed the suites. This was the first time we had stayed since the renovation (we stayed in 2016) and we were very impressed. We had a 2 bedroom city view suite, it was very spacious, modern and clean with ultra comfy beds. We had a great view however our room was facing the Darling meaning you had to be on the balcony to enjoy the view. This was alright because the curvy shape of the building meant all the bedrooms had direct views. It had a generous kitchenette however it was not a full kitchen like it used to be. It also does not have any washing machines either which we had expected when we were packing although it was fine as the in house washing is very good. Rooms were serviced 2 times a day and whenever we left we would phone up and they would come to do our room which was great as it meant that the room was always ready when we returned from an outing, they also offer a turndown service which we didn’t use much as we were generally in bed.

The location of the Star is great with many restaurants and eating options within the complex, it has a great mix of both fine dining and casual - it even features a great food court. There is also many shops within the Star, most being high end which is nice. And obviously the main attraction for people is the large Casino open 24/7. It’s also a very short wealth across darling harbour into the city. 5-10 mins depending on pace.

The Astral also has an awesome pool particularly for kids (better than The Darling pool) featuring and indoor and outdoor spa and large resort like pool. It also features amazing views throughout the city. They also have daybeds if you want to spend the day by the pool however be prepared to pay for them as they have a minimum spend to get access. Of course they also have normal deck chairs and lounges for free!! Also a great gym and saunas. What’s also great is the hand out free water and sell equipment buy the pool at very reasonable prices. We got 2 pairs of goggles for $35 - pretty cheap considering at Rebel sports they are $25 a pair. They also hand out free kick boards for kids to play with. I’m not sure if they do it anymore as our family is older but when we used to stay here they also gave pool floaty noodles.

To sum up it was another great stay and we will definitely be coming back - a quick tip book in advance as we tried to book over Christmas and is sold out!!

Just a few negatives we experienced

- one lift was not operational meaning that on a weekend it took a long time to get to your floor and the lift that was working had a new system which didn’t seem to recognise the key card very well

- The suites aren’t as self contained as they used to be with a small fridge and no stove or oven (they have microwaves on request) and as mentioned before they don’t have the washing machines however it didn’t bother us as we were eating out all the time and used the hotel washing service.

However ultimately the positives FAR outweigh the negatives and that is why I’m giving it a well deserving 5 Star and am looking forward to come back in the future. See next week The Darling.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Oli_hprosser,

Thank you for taking the time to review our stay with us at Astral Tower & Residences and rating us a wonderful 5 out of 5, we are absolutely thrilled.

Your feedback is very beneficial to us. It is great to hear that you made use of all that we have to offer here at The Star.

We are currently upgrading our lifts in Astral Residences and do plan to have both lifts brand new and functional within the next two months. We apologise for any delays you experienced while staying with us.

Since refurbishment of our rooms, Astral Residences no longer offer a full kitchen or laundry, we do however offer many food outlets and dry cleaning on premises.

Thank you for being a loyal guest to us here at The Star. We look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

King Regards,

Reviewed 6 October 2018

During a recent stay at this luxurious hotel.I booked a standard room but had a few extra guests and thanks to the attentive and kind manager Britannia I was upgraded to a huge one bedroom suite. The room had beautiful city views and the bathrooms were huge and the beds were so comfortable. Also there are so many restaurants to choose to dine at. The star are friendly and so helpful. I didn't have to worry about my luggages, they look after everything. The service was outstanding and I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for an amazing hotel stay.

Kind regards,
Jacqueline

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Voyage111188,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and for rating Astral Tower & Residences a 5 out of 5.

We are thrilled to hear that your stay was magnificent and the service was outstanding, this is definitely what we pride ourselves in here at Astral Tower & Residences. Your feedback has also been passed onto Britannia.

We hope to see you return to us for another luxurious stay in the near future.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Well what can I say. By all the pictures on the star website you would think this place was amazing. Unfortunately they lied. Brand new lobby but no where to wait lifts out of order, no one to look after luggage we just huddled in a corner with countless other people trying to check in and then get to our rooms it was a house of horrors. Huge line to check in. A receptionist finally took our bags and stored them but then when we did manage to get up to our room nothing worked door lock was faulty, Lights hard to use, fridge was warm. Big stain on carpet, We waiting 2 hours and lots of phone calls to everyone but think I was put through to a call centre in Manila as no one knew what they were doing. Went back to reception to complain meet Mario who apologised and offered us free breakfast nice gesture but overall I can only score 1 star. No wonder it’s called The Star as it’s only 1 star in service.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear kevintran738,

We appreciate you taking the time to supply us with a review of your stay. Your feedback is very beneficial and although we are disappointed to hear that your stay was not up to our usual high standards, we do appreciate your feedback and have taken it into account.

We would love to connect with you personally to discuss your experience and allow us the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future. If you would like to do so, please send your contact details through to StarAstralAssistantManagers@star.com.au and we will reach out to you directly.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Wow! Wow! Wow! I’d booked a superior room for a quick business trip and was quietly pleased and amazed when on checking in the most polite Reception staff advised me they’d like to offer me an upgrade to an Executive Level one bedroom suite - plus all the benefits of the Executive Lounge has to offer. Naturally I accepted! The room was simply sumptuous! There was a huge dining and lounge room with powder room, a very large bedroom and oversized bathroom. The suite was beautifully decorated a spotlessly clean. My only regret was that I could only stay one night. Very generous on Astral’s part. Staff were more than excellent - and went out of their way to ensure my stay was superb. Amazing!!!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Pisces4,

We appreciate you taking the time to supply us with a review of your stay and rating Astral Tower & Residences a wonderful 5 out of 5.

We thrive on reviews like yours, this is what pushes us to continue to go out of our way to create superb stays.

Hope to see you return to us at Astral Tower & Residences in the near future.