Novotel Sydney Central(Sydney)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 163
US$ 151
US$ 117
US$ 94
Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$ 148
US$ 145
Radisson
  • Pool
Four Seasons Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 264
US$ 204
  • Pool
The Westin Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$ 271
US$ 170
Westin.com
  • Room Service
US$ 177
US$ 159
  • Restaurant
Shangri-La Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$ 216
US$ 214
US$ 147
Priceline
  • Restaurant
The Sydney Boulevard Hotel(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$ 179
US$ 124
Priceline
1,208 results
All reviewsstar citycasino hotellyric theatredarling harbourbedroom apartmentpyrmont viewlight railroom servicecity skylineupgraded to a suitea harbour view roomfree upgrademini barfull kitchenking bedbuffet breakfastcentral station
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We booked into Astral for a few days of enjoying our city as tourists and spend time by the pool. Unbeknownst by us, especially because the reservation agent neglected to tell us, the pool is closed and will be for another 2 years. Unfortunately, we were unable to find another room in the city suitable otherwise we would have checked out immediately. The kids were extremely bored, and spent the days goggle eyed in front of the Foxtel.

I guess they only want gamblers there.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Imadog
Bianca E, Customer Insights Manager at Astral Tower and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Hello Imadog

I am sincerely sorry that you were not informed of the pool closure at the time of booking as we are certainly not trying to hide the fact and the standard is to inform guests at time of booking of the change to the guest facilities during this period of construction. During this time we are offering an alternative option which is the Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre, located just down the road. I do hope you were informed iof this by our staff during your stay.

Reviewed 18 December 2011

After my last stay I said I would never go back but I thought Id give The Star one more chance.
After the disappoint of the last stay I booked into the cheaper of the 2 bedroom apartments going for a Pyrmont view room so I wasn't expecting much this time I just needed a place to stay for one night but to my surprise this time the room was fine the noisy construction had finished some construction could be heard around 8am In what I think is the Darling.
I wish someone could explain to me how they work out these rooms last time I booked a "City View" at a more expensive price then the Pyrmont room, but my view consisted of the construction site and the back of the lyric theatre no said "city view". Were as this time booking a Pyrmont room I was given what appeared to be more of a city view room. If I was to stay here again Id like to know Im getting Value for money If I was to book the more expensive room.
The Star in itself is more finished with more choices besides room service, hopefully once everything is finished at The Star it will be a really good stay.

Room Tip: Try to get information about what the room type actually means, a few hundred difference sometimes just isn't worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank soo_what
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Huge room and comfy bed although a little hard for my liking. Pillow menu which is a nice touch.

Servicing of the room was a bit shabby, nothing replaced even though it was obvious we had used all the tea (maybe they just didn't check). Stayed 3 nights and ended up leaving little notes around the room e.g please replenish the teabags etc. Glad we didn't stay another night otherwise we would have been out of soap.

A la carte breakfast served quickly and was good value for the money. Didn't have the buffet breakfast.

Staff very friendly especially concierge and front desk. Shame the pool is still out of service. I would have thought that guests should be offered the use of the pool at the Darling as its next door and from what I gathered owned by the same people but that wasn't allowed.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Bianca E, Customer Insights Manager at Astral Tower and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Hello maud_cyril,

I am glad that you like the room and bed as well as the added touch of the pillow menu. It is always good to hear when something is being well received by our guests. Equally as important though, are the comments you make about the lack of replenishment on bathroom and kitchen items. I have spoken directly with our Housekeeping Manager who has assured me this is not standard practise so thank you to your feedback, she will be giving a reminder to all our Housekeepers that they are to top up room items daily. I apologise that this did not happen during your stay.

Regarding the pool closure, I do hope that staff informed you that we have arranged free access to the Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre down the road for use of hotel guests while the pool is closed.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

I once again got caught by the Wotif scenario. One should ask wot if the room is not up to scratch WOT DO YOU DO. I paid $1128 for 2 nights on Wotif. Got to the room and I can assure you that it is not a $564 per night deal and no breakfast. I queried this at the desk after check in and was advised that I was only paying $824. Obviously asked how does this work when I have already paid Wotif. Back to the room to get the paperwork back down and get another clerk who disappeared for at least 5 minutes and returns and says the rate you have paid is correct. Now I am starting to get wound up and ask for the manager. I own my business and employ 60 plus people and if one of them spoke to a customer as abruptly and rudely as this guy did they wouldn't work for me. No negotiation was entered into so back to the room. Next morning the renovation banging started at 7.20 am and the drilling started at 8.00am in a $564 per night room on a Saturday morning. Lets go to breakfast, there were 43 people waiting for a table. It was that bad they were bringing juice to those in the long line. Waited 25 minutes and no closer so went into the city for breakfast. It was so bad I checked out a day early and went to another hotel. The rooms are more expensive than either the Observatory or the Sir Stamford but about 10% of the quality. Will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Gary D
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I spent 1 night here, the room and bathroom were very clean, bed comfortable. When I checked in was told I had been upgraded to a 2 bedroom apartment which was a "smoking" apartment, I requested to be given a nonsmoking room in the Hotel, I probably should have mentioned this when checking in.. My room was quiet but I did notice construction work happening at the back of the Hotel.
Breakfast in the 80Bistro was fresh and large variety of fruits, Danish pastries, breads, cheese, cold meat etc to choose from.

Room Tip: While building happening ask for a quiet room, noting remarks from previous guests on here I,m surprised the management don,t leave the noisy rooms vacant for the time being.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank margsch
Bianca E, Customer Insights Manager at Astral Tower and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2011

Hello margsch,

I'm glad you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were offered a room upgrade when you checked in. Apologies that the room you were upgraded to was a 'smoking' room but I hope the overall experience was a positive one. I'm happy to hear you were not impacted by construction noise – when we are not fully booked we do make every attempt to ensure guests are not impacted by the noise from the renovations.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again soon.