5,444 results
All reviews circular quay business lounge atrium room premier room opera house pillow menu steam room pitt street business district excellent hotel room service business hotel concierge staff wynyard station buffet breakfast location is great an upgrade
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I recently stayed here for six nights. It is a business hotel at heart (and full of lots of airline cabin crew) - but the location is fantastic and from what I could see it is immaculately well maintained. Given it's right in the centre of Sydney's CBD, close to Circular Quay and The Rocks, it is good value. Our room was large, on a high floor, with views of the harbour bridge. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. I would definitely recommend staying here for business or pleasure. The only (minor) negatives - it is a shame that the pool is indoor and buried deep in the heart of the building. The same goes for the gym. But that is only a minor thing.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Have stayed here once before and had a memory of small, well appointed rooms with lovely bathrooms. This visit was rather under par. Confusion with booking which was sorted out eventually, but poor communication between various members of staff slowed the process down which was not a great start. Our room on the 6th floor had a rather strange, high window which made the small space feel a little bunker like once the very effective block out blinds and curtains were drawn.

When we returned from attending a show we decided to have a drink in the very pleasant bar. Despite there being more staff than guests the service was glacially slow. It was also difficult to find anywhere to sit that didn't have nuts strewn all over the carpet! It was a pity as the bar is a lovely, cool oasis and the drinks and snacks are well priced.

Check out was very slow with few staff at a predictably busy time. The Radisson is a lovely building and the location is good, but more focus and attention from the staff is needed.

Trip type: Travelled on business
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Dear nina99Sydney,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney. Only through feedback like yours can we identify areas in need of attention and work towards our goal of 100% Guest Satisfaction.

Upon reading your comments I was disappointed to learn about the service you have experienced in our bar area and on the Front Desk. Please rest assured that this does not reflect our usual 5-star service that we pride ourselves of and that I have spoken to our Food & Beverage Manager and our Front Office Manager in order to follow up on this incident with further staff training to prevent these issues from occurring again.

I was also disappointed to read about your dissatisfaction with your room allocation. As a heritage building our rooms come in slightly different shapes and design, however we are more than happy to note down your preference for future bookings and try to allocate your favourite room whenever possible.

These issues aside, I hope you enjoyed your time at the Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

With best regards,
Peter Tudehope
ptudehope@radisson.com

Reviewed 16 January 2013

We stayed at this lovely hotel and used a Groupon Voucher we had purchased. This was the first discount voucher I had purchased and was unsure of what to expect but to our surprise we arrived to find we had been upgraded to a suite room. This was a lovely well appointed room with extremely comfortable beds and oh so quiet.. (double glazing apparently throughout the hotel). Our voucher included the buffet breakfast which was amazing and well above that of a lot of other hotels we have stayed in. Overall the service was warm and personal but we must say that the concierge staff were simply outstanding. We were treated warmly and with respect arriving and leaving and added greatly to our new found hotel experience. We will certainly be booking that this hotel again..... Goodbye the Intercontinental and Hello Radisson.

Room tip: If you can afford it, upgrade to a suite room...
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank dancinglady999
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Everyone that I dealt with (from reservations to check-in to house keeping to check out) were lovely. The hotel was very luxurious & walking distance to everything. Enjoyed a pre-dinner drink at Bistro Fax and once again was given outstanding service. Can't wait for my next stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Barbara W
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We stayed in the radisson for 4 nights in January. The location is excellent for circular quay ,the rocks and of course Pitt street The room was a little bit on the small side . We couldn't open the window. Both my husband and I hate air con on all night. I also found the bathroom a little on the small side. However, the staff are extremely friendly and helpful especially tony Bennett who is a real character. We had room only so I can't comment on the breakfast We normally had breakfast either in circular quay or across the road. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2012