5,317 results
All reviewscircular quaybusiness loungeatrium roombusiness classpremier roomopera housepillow menusteam roompitt streetexcellent hotelbusiness districtroom servicebusiness hotelconcierge staffwynyard stationbuffet breakfastan upgrade
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I stayed at the Radisson Blu recently on a romantic weekend away to Sydney (Friday/ Saturday night.) The hotel setup is reasonable, although at the price we paid was way to much for what was on offer.

The biggest disapointed was the service in the Bistro Fax Restaurant which is just off the lobby and part of the hotel itself.

One of single worst dining experiences of my life.

My partner and I were completely ignored after an initial order was taken and glass of wine bought out. We waited approximately 70 minutes for food, while people around us who had come in after us were getting their orders served promptly. But to make matters worse, we were NEVER ONCE offered service to see if we wanted to order another drink while we waited. We were about to walk out when the food finally arrived, and even then wasn't asked if we wanted to order more drinks.

The hotel did kindly offer a $50 rebate on our stay, and the so-called "floor manager" offered his apologies...and yet it was the same floor manager who walked past us time and time again ingnoring us. It wasn't a lack of staff, it was that we were completely ignored, and we were in the middle of the floor as well, not hidden in some back corner.

Not only will I never return to this hotel, I may never return to a Radisson property world wide again. Absolutely disgusted.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank nichenet
Radiss0nBluH0tel, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear jonez450,

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback regarding you recent stay at the hotel.

I was concerned to learn with your dissatisfaction regarding the service offered at the Bistro Fax restaurant. Please rest assured I have passed on your comments to the Food and Beverage Manager to follow up with staff and focus on training and service so this is not an issue going forward. As a five star hotel, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and I am very disappointed it was not up to your expectations. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this matter caused and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Peter Tudehope
Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney
61-2-82140100

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Vert wow for thé service. Wi-fi frère and si rapid. Personal vert vert helpful for all. Wow!

Room Tip: Business district with full restaurants and 5 minutes walk for thé week- end. Excellente location for everything.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I and my mother stayed in a double bed room (queen size) and was big and comfortable enough for two adults. Staffs are friendly and they have enough knowledge of tourist information.
There are several cafes, restaurants, and bars near by. Easy to access for city certer.
So, I can recommend this hotel for first travelers to Sydney.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Rooms are spacious and clean. Hotel is conveniently located and staff are courteous.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The RAdisson Blu Sydeny, in an excellent downtotwn location, just accross the road from Wynayrd rail station which serves Sydney Airport. Hany for Circular Quay and all the sights of Sydney, you literally walk out of the hotel turning right and you have a fabulous view of the Harbour Bridge. The rooms are typically Radisson stylish, and comfortable. Good large bathrooms with a great stream of hot water for the walk in shower. I found the dining area for breakfast a bit smaller than I had imagined it would be, but hey it is only a short time you spend there. Staff were friendly but not intrusive, helpful but not gushing. Excursions and taxis were arranged with ease, and complimentary drinks were provided when the friends we were travelling with were given a fresh room having been allocated one not of the standard they had booked. Good sauna, jacuzzi and steam in the Spa, massage expensive and the pool whilst not good for laps was great place in which to relax.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends