5,457 results
All reviews circular quay business lounge atrium room premier room opera house pillow menu steam room pitt street business district room service business hotel concierge staff wynyard station excellent location buffet breakfast an upgrade central location
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I and my mother stayed in a double bed room (queen size) and was big and comfortable enough for two adults. Staffs are friendly and they have enough knowledge of tourist information.
There are several cafes, restaurants, and bars near by. Easy to access for city certer.
So, I can recommend this hotel for first travelers to Sydney.

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Rooms are spacious and clean. Hotel is conveniently located and staff are courteous.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

The RAdisson Blu Sydeny, in an excellent downtotwn location, just accross the road from Wynayrd rail station which serves Sydney Airport. Hany for Circular Quay and all the sights of Sydney, you literally walk out of the hotel turning right and you have a fabulous view of the Harbour Bridge. The rooms are typically Radisson stylish, and comfortable. Good large bathrooms with a great stream of hot water for the walk in shower. I found the dining area for breakfast a bit smaller than I had imagined it would be, but hey it is only a short time you spend there. Staff were friendly but not intrusive, helpful but not gushing. Excursions and taxis were arranged with ease, and complimentary drinks were provided when the friends we were travelling with were given a fresh room having been allocated one not of the standard they had booked. Good sauna, jacuzzi and steam in the Spa, massage expensive and the pool whilst not good for laps was great place in which to relax.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed for 4 nights with a sis on holiday to explore Sydney. I absolutely loved the location considering it was walking distance to all the iconic sites in Sydney. The room had everything available including an umbrella, which came in handy when it poured the last night we stayed. The staffs were really friendly and their service was excellent. Also, the room had wifi available which was awesome. The only thing I felt misinformed about was the cost to make local calls. I was informed that i was about a dollar to make local calls but when we checked out, I got hit w a very heavy phone bill and the receptionist informed me that it was a dollar for a local NON-MOBILE phone.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Having stayed at many 5 star hotels throughout Asia and Australia, this hotel was disappointing.

Beside the location, my wife and I couldn't believe that there was no complimentary water in the room, the decor was tired and shabby (first floor) and our "window" looked out into a central dirty atrium area with very little natural light. Even with midday sun. The room was very dark. In addition the food was bland and mediocre and there was even a five dollar charge for room service delivery.

If you want a decent five star hotel in Sydney we would recommend the Intercontinental where we previously stayed.

The staff were very helpful, but overal not impressed.

Date of stay: April 2012
Radiss0nBluH0tel, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear Dm0911,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hotel.

I was disappointed to learn you were not happy with your room allocation during your stay at the Hotel. Our reception staff should be confirming room preferences on arrival, and I have asked the Front Office Manager to carry out further training with her team to ensure this is not an issue going forward.

Further to this I was concerned to learn of dissatisfaction with the food being bland, bottled water not being complimentary and the tray charge applied to In Room Dining orders. I have passed on your comments to the Executive Chef and the Food and Beverage Manager for their review. I apologise for the disappointment these matters caused, and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel when you next travel to Sydney.

Peter Tudehope