5,412 results
All reviews circular quay business lounge atrium room business class premier room opera house pillow menu steam room pitt street business district excellent hotel room service concierge staff business hotel wynyard station buffet breakfast an upgrade
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Well located nice rooms mostly great indoor pool nice gym sauna and spa all very clean
Service can be a bit hit or miss got overcharged for drinks in the bar
The concierge is fabulous

I have been given some rooms on some visits which were not acceptable asked to be moved

Lots of tourists use the hotel so can take a while to check in at times

Watch the web for specials they are very good value

Room Tip: High away from lifts non smoking non atrium water views
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2012

If you are in business this is quite an efficient hotel in downtown Sydney. No water views though but quite good service. The only thing that bugged me was that at breakfast I had to sign the breakfast bill upfront after declaring to the head waiter what type of breakfast ie cost I was planning to have. When I complained they informed me that this is hotel policy to discourage people from avoiding paying their breakfast bill

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank George G
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We booked this hotel for the 3 nights during the NY celebrations. It is within a walking distance from the docks, so it was a good choice for reaching the harbour by foot, as the center was closed for the taxis& cars. Overall the service was good, except for the check-in, when we had to wait for the room to be ready for 2 -3 hours past the standart check-in time (of 2pm). The breakfast was very expensive (around 50$), but the choice & quality of food was very good.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Radiss0nBluH0tel, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Dear ks_bazhenova,

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hotel.

I was concerned to learn that the room you had booked was not ready upon your arrival at the Hotel. As check in time is 2:00pm it is unacceptable that this room was not ready by this time. I have discussed your comments with the Executive Housekeeper and have asked that she ensure rooms are ready prior to the stated check in time so as our guests are not inconvenienced by such. I also note your comments regarding the pricing structure of the breakfast served at the Hotel and I have passed on your feedback to the Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Manager for their review. I apologise for any disappointment caused and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel when you next travel to Sydney.

Peter Tudehope
Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Apparently the management of this hotel thinks you should be running around with lots of cash because they add a 2% fee if you pay with a credit card!!!!!!! This is really inexcusable for a hotel of this level

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank John A

Dear John A,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding the 2% surcharge on credit card payments. I sincerely apologise for the disappointment caused. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel when you next travel to Sydney.

Peter Tudehope
Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney

Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed 4 nights in a studio spa suite with 2 double beds. The room was spacious, nicely furnished and very clean. We were on the mezzanine level, but there was very little noise from the street due to the double glazing. Air con worked well, and the shower had excellent water pressure.
What stood out for us was the excellent staff. Concierge, housekeeping, wait and bar staff were all friendly, smiling and professional. Nothing was too much trouble, they actually looked as if they enjoyed their work and were most helpful. We enjoyed the food at Bistro Fax, again the staff were friendly and attentive in the bistro and bar.
The pool is quite small, more of a lap pool, but was ok for our daughter to have a play and swim- it is also one of the more shallow pools we have come across at only 1 metre deep. Didn't have a spa treatment but they did look inviting!
The location was excellent- a short walk down the hill to Circular Quay for the ferry and the Opera House and the Rocks area, and there are shops, banks and restaurants in all directions. The monorail, which has a station in Pitt Street Mall (5 min walk) will take you to Darling Harbour.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The standard of service is a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family