Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 150
US$ 170
US$ 157
US$ 143
  • Room Service
Sheraton on the Park, Sydney(Sydney)
US$ 206
Agoda.com
US$ 151
Agoda.com
5,109 results
All reviewscircular quaybusiness loungeatrium roompremier roomopera housepillow menusteam roompitt streetexcellent hotelbusiness districtroom servicebusiness hotelconcierge staffwynyard stationbuffet breakfastan upgradelocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 January 2012

My wife and I stayed here in late January for 3 nights over a weekend. It was located very close to Wynyard train stop which made travel quite easy. There were also plenty of cabs. We were able to walk to the Opera House in about 25 minutes at a quick pace. We also walked to the area known as the Rocks which had some nice dining options. There is plenty of shopping near here including - get ready for this - the most amazing food court we've ever seen in the Westfield shopping Centre. It truly is worth a look. We didn't dine at the restaurant in the hotel - breakfast prices seemed quite high. The room was of average size, but had a nice bathroom with both a lovely tub and shower. The rooms were kept very clean. The mattress and pillows were very comfortable and there were options for other pillow types if so desired. I can't see any reason not to stay at this hotel unless you want something much more upscale. Good value.

4  Thank Jean-GuyB
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Great location, nice fluffy towels, quality toiletries, helpful staff and luxurious rooms. The free wi fi is fabulous!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SweetpeaOlive
Reviewed 21 January 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights on New Year's eve and thereafter. Selected it primarily as most of the hotels near the Circular Quay were fully booked out. To give you a background, we are Indian tourists who visited Australia for 20 days (via Singapore) during the course of which we stayed in 9 hotels in 8 locations. Hence this rating is moderated to my experience of hotels around Australia/Other cities in the world and not a one off review on Radisson Sydney.
Pre reservation Process :
Web Reservation process is fairly lengthy. Advance booking ensured I got the worst possible rates for the New Year’s. I had to send a mail before arrival saying that the rooms I had booked for 745AUD odd were currently available at 350 AUD odd. Also whether they could upgrade me or adjust the rentals as I intended on extending my stay by a day. I got a reply saying they could not read the contents of my mail but had extended my trip !. Also indicated that I should be thankful for their not insisting for a prepayment for the additional day (when I had already prepaid 1800 AUD for 3 nights). Later they did adjust the rental for a day on actuals but I was unhappy that this needed to be pointed out first.Pre reservation agents also did not take note of including my Club Carlson number in the reservation.
Accessibility:
Public Transport: Not easily accessible from Airport particularly if you are travelling with luggage or family. Closest convenient stations/stops are not doable by walk particularly with luggage
Private Transport including Taxis : Easily accessible /Taxi Drivers at ease with location/ Good GPS directions in case you are driving yourself
Frontage/Interiors/Reception Area :
Lovely heritage building with elegant exteriors as well as interiors. Elegant and Stylish and a sheer pleasure to walk into the hotel. Reception area is large and well laid. Large lobby with sufficient seating space.
Welcome Quotient ( Concierge / Reception):
Concierge : Did not help with the luggage on disembarking from the Car at the Foyer. One of them even managed a degrading look at one of our ageing suitcases which was pretty disconcerting !
Concierge (inside hotel): Extremely helpful and cheerful. Gave us a warm welcome. During my stay I found them to be the only ambassadors of this hotel. They provide the balance to the lack of warmth in human relationships in this hotel.
Reception : Possibly the most disappointing experience in this hotel. For a guest staying 4 nights in festive season at over twice the hotel’s normal rates (festive rates),there was an extremely cold reception. Complete lack of warmth or welcome which was uncharacteristic of hotels across Australia. During my stay, I found, that in general, staff at the reception looked harried and were generally not smiling / maintaining a pleasant disposition.

The checkin receptionist first said we would have to wait for over an hour owing to non availability of rooms ( which was singularly unpleasant after an 8 hrs flight). Later said that he suddenly saw an availability and allotted us a room with no views and loads of corners (felt hexagonal).Unconvincing and thoroughly unprofessional to say the least,apart from the feeling of being shortchanged.
Checkout was efficient and quick with reasonably good liason between concierge and reception desk.
Rooms/Room Service : Stayed in a business class room which was excellent in all respects. Newspapers were not delivered on any day despite a request. It appears you need to mention your preferences on check in but the reception did not suggest and definitely did not give sufficient time to mark my preferences as they were keen to take a quick signature instead. Room Service Time is good compared to the average in hotels in Australia but poor on a worldwide scale. One excellent feature present which is absent in other Australian hotels is the presence of free WiFi which I found laudable. Room size is large coupled with a generously sized bathroom. King Bed was very comfortable and we got some good nights of sleep !
In Room/ Out Room Dining / Breakfast Buffet :
The dining menus are fairly good for European/American/Australian palates but could be priced more reasonably. It is not friendly for Asians/Middle Easterns and can be a nightmare for vegans. What is sad is the absence of ingenuity in the kitchen and the lack of will to tailormake a dish for guests outside the strict regimen of their dining menu. I did try requesting once but it was a stressful experience. As a result, we had a longish trudge to restaurants everyday where we met most of our requirements with no fuss and at a tenth of the costs of in room dining. That when I was willing to pay a price for dining in the comforts of my own hotel. The breakfast buffet is large but with hardly or no main dishes for vegans. The standard response was to direct you to the fruits/bread & croissants sections. As a five star hotel, they should have a process of determining the special requirements of guests and make suitable arrangements. The fare was only moderately better for lacto ovo vegans. Vegans should not opt for the bed and breakfast deals in this hotels as it would be a very poor deal. Another irritating factor during breakfast was questions during pre seating on whether you were having a continental or full breakfast (full breakfast is apparently chargeable). I think they should drop this very petty issue and concentrate instead on starting the day of their guests with a hearty breakfast. This is also not a practice worldwide but was present in at least 4 of the Aussie hotels we visited. The difference between the full and continental breakfast is also not made amply clear in the web reservations. In case you wonder why I am making this fuss over breakfast, you will be surprised how you feel when you are groggy in the morning ,waiting for some steamy coffee to warm your insides, and first up need to answer inane questions on which category of breakfasters you belong to !

Room Tip: Insist on seeing the room allocated,even on upgrade.Ask if the rooms are street facing,request for higher floors
3  Thank praky4
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Had a great experience at this hotel. Arrived very early so assumed we would just drop our bags off and go out for the day but the guy on reception made a few enquiries and sorted a room within minutes. The room itself was lovely, comfy beds (which a pillow menu), nice furnishing and one of the best bathrooms I've come across in a hotel. There was a huge tub and seperate shower cubicle - the shower was so powerful it felt like you were having a massage. The mini bar was also extremely reasonable therefore I was able to enjoy a few bubbles in the bath!

We were on a room only basis so didn't try the restaurant or bar as they are lots of good quality cafes and restaurants nearby. Circular Quay, the Rocks the main shopping area and Darling Harbour are all in walking distance of the hotel.

Concerige were great recommending bars and restautants outside of the hotel .... all of which were outstanding. The Shangri La hotel has an amazing cocktail bar over looking the Harbour Bridge and Opera house which is a must if in the vacinity.

The hotel also offers free wifi to all its guests which is extremely handy. Will definately stay at this hotel again when in Sydney next.

1  Thank Trave1_lover
Reviewed 19 January 2012

great location for harbour and sydney opera house, very good value for money,
Quite Decent breakfast selection though pricey - but everythign in sydney is...;)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple