5,363 results
All reviews circular quay business lounge atrium room business class premier room opera house pillow menu steam room pitt street excellent hotel business district room service business hotel concierge staff wynyard station buffet breakfast an upgrade
Reviewed 18 December 2011

This was our second stay at Radisson Blu and again it was excellent. I had booked a standard room plus breakfast and we were given an upgrade as an anniversary present. Still not the big upgrade we got on our first visit - which was to business floor 11, we were on floor 7 this time with a big room and very seperate bathroom but no window through to lounge. There was a little noise from other rooms but nothing much. The cleaning staff, as others have said, did park outside as if waiting for you to leave so they could come in. They even knocked at 9am despite the "Do Not Disturb" sign.

The best thing about Radisson Blu is the atmosphere, friendly and yet professional and this is due to the wonderful staff. The breakfast is amazing, down to asking for your choice of how the coffee is served and omelet rather than the standard fare. The bar is relaxing and staff are really good (expensive drinks and food but good quality and quantity).

I think your room comfort depends on what room you are allocated or have booked. We have had a wonderful experience on both stays. We even tried for Radisson Blu on a last minute website secret deal two months ago and got Sofitel instead which we didn't enjoy anywhere near as much.

Our anniversary was also recognised with a bottle of bubby on arrival and a card.

This hotel is special, not quite 5 star in some parts, exceeds it in others. It will definitely be our hotel of choice for future Sydney visits.

Room Tip: Higher floors and balcony
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Met a friend in Sydney for a long ‘girls’ weekend and picked the Radisson, largely on the basis of reviews read here. We had a room with 2 Double Beds and paid $808 taxes all in, for 3 nights.
The building exterior is beautiful. I believe it is heritage listed and the unusual shape and sandstone is quite lovely. On the other hand, the reception area has that bland ‘chain hotel’ feel to it. I was a little disappointed on first entering, but that soon changed...
The main room in our suite was large, even with the two beds, although they were set fairly close together. There was a sitting area with small table and 2 chairs, a large desk and office chair, a flat screen TV, small fridge and the usual bedside tables and lamps. There were plenty of drawers and hanging space – and even almost enough hangers!
The beds were only doubles, which feels small these days even when sleeping alone. However they were extremely comfortable, with the most beautiful bedding. In fact, my friend took the pillows apart trying to find a label so she could get the same ones for home.
The bathroom was large with a separate (deep) bath and shower. There was plenty of shelf space, even for the cosmetics of two females. The water pressure was strong and the shower fantastic. We could probably have done with an extra couple of hooks in the bathroom – but I find that to be the case is every hotel I’ve stayed at (why is that?!)
As others have said, we found the location to be handy to shopping/Pitt Street Mall, Circular Quay, Sydney Opera House etc. Central and fairly easy to get around once we’d located ourselves.
However we found it extremely difficult to find suitable places to eat. Looking for casual eating establishments – cafe or bistro’s – for breakfast and lunch was a real mission. We wasted a lot of time walking around, thinking we would simply run into places (like we would expect to at home – Melbourne/ Brisbane). After reading the recent reviews, I think we should have availed ourselves of the Concierge!
Aside from that, I would say that the Radisson/Blu/Plaza or whatever they’re calling it now, was an excellent experience. I loved my stay here and the only reason I would stay anywhere else should I return to Sydney, would be to experience the city from a different location.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We had booked a standard room, but on arrival we upgraded to the Business Floor and it was an excellent decision.
We had a beautiful room on the 10th floor, bright and spacious with a full sized tub and a luxurious shower. The bed was huge and very comfortable. The room also has a Nespresso Coffee Machine for coffee lovers. We also had fluffy robes and slippers , daily fresh fruit and newspaper delivery. We had access to the Club Lounge and had breakfast there every morning . There was an excellent selection and eggs were cooked to order.Lovely coffee, tea and soft drinks available all day and in the evening , cocktails, wine and hot Canapes are served.

The lounge staff were extremely friendly and helpful.This was our first visit to Sydney and they had lots of helpful advice and suggestions to make the most of our time.
The hotel is in a fantastic location for everything, we were able to walk everywhere.
We hope to come back to Sydney and will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sentosa54
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I stayed one night with my partner. This was on a lastminute deal which was a good price.
The location is good, the building itself has good character and the valet service is very good. Concierge is friendly and prompt.
The swimming pool is a lot smaller than suggested from the photos!
All in all a pleasant stay, but nothing particularly amazing about it

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jumboshrimpy
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I stay at the Radisson Blu at least once a month when I work in Sydney. It is ALWAYS a pleasure with great service, luxury bedding and good room service. I like the location as it is only a block from my office on Hunter Street and the CBD. The Raddison Blu is a consistent performer and good value for business travel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business