“5 Star at it's best”

Ranked #12 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
“5 Star at it's best”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

My wife and I stayed overnight early May 2012 in a one bedroom harbour view apartment. Five star's and worth every cent. Check-in was on time, friendly, efficent, completely professional. I had ordered chocolate dipped strawberries for our arrival, they were awaiting us in the room. The room was fantastic, everything one could need, corner spa of generous size. the bed a little on the soft side, this is my only issue; but not an issue for a night or 2. Balcony overlooking Circular Quay - midnight glass or 2 of bubbly. Breakfast was delightful, the staff friendly, efficient and attentive. Check-out timely and accurate. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: 10th floor 1 bedroom corner room, just brilliant!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scott D
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Perth
Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed for 1 night for business. The room was very nice, we had views of the Opera House and down into the gardens.

I didn't have the most comfortable nights sleep, I'm unsure if it was the bed or the pillows, I just struggled together comfortable.

Great location, walked outside the hotel to many restaurants to choose from for lunch.

I was very grateful to be allowed a late check out of 2.30pm so I could work from the room during the day.

Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed May 2012
1 Thank MrsKPerth
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I visited Quay Grande about 5 years ago and vowed to return which i did for my birthday this week. Everything about this hotel lived up to my remembered expectations - attention by the staff, cleanliness of the room, attention to any minor detail.

My partner and I had an apartment with a harbour view and it was so amazing to sit on the balcony and relax with a drink and just watch the passing parade. We had a lower level room, and I was astounded at the sound proofing of it - hardly any noise penetrated.

Bed was extremely comfortable, shower had one of those lovely 'rain shower' type shower heads, everything was spotlessly clean with nothing overlooked. We wanted for absolutely nothing because anything we hadnt even thought of had been supplied!

And I couldnt believe it when I was presented with a bottle of wine on ice and a card to help celebrate my birthday. Now THAT is attention to detail!

We will return, and we have decided next time it will be for longer and it will be an annual event. Thankyou to the staff of Quay Grande for helping to make my day so amazingly special.

Room Tip: Harbour view room is a must. Not much point being in a hotel right on the water and missing out on...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank iCat_351
Switzerland
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Our expectations were high in view of the location and previous reviews.
However there were several reasons why we would not stay at Quay Grand again - we would choose to stay in the Park Hyatt on the other side of the harbour which is now open again after renovation.
The apartment of 2 bedrooms was nicely arranged - the master suite had a comfortable bed, nice views and was a good size. The 2nd bedroom was a lot smaller, simpler but fine for say 2 children. The bathrooms were a good size.
However during our week's stay we had nothing but problems and each day had to discuss the same problems or new ones with the reception - who i have to say were always charming and helpful. As much as they could be.
The problems were as follows:
* The 2nd bathroom permanently flooded from the shower. Reception said it was to be redone - after we had left so we were given extra towels to mop up after each shower. If it had been designed as a wet room it would have been ok but it wasn't!
* The wi-fi very rarely worked despite a promise each day that it would. We had to go to cafes all the time to pick up emails. Not something you would expect from a top hotel. And it was tedious asking each day and being told each day it would be ok.
* The air conditioning didn't work properly and again each day we had many people looking at it and apparently, but not, mending it. The effect was super cold in some areas and super hot in others. Half way through they came to replace the whole system. This was fine for a day but then went wrong again.
* The so called sofa bed in the main living room was extremely uncomfortable to the extent of not really being useable if you wanted a night's sleep - so don't rely on it for a third bedroom.
* The balcony was tiny and would not accommodate comfortably 4 people. Again not what you would expect from the description.
All of these things individually may not seem much but were highly tedious since they were no better when we left than when we arrived. And each day we would have to discuss with reception at least twice a day. And This was a top-dollar hotel and a top-dollar luxury 2-bedroom apartment.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lynneandgeoff
Belinda P, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Dear Lynne & Geoff,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Quay Grand Suites Sydney. I am incredibly disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations.

At Quay Grand, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer and your feedback is very important to us in helping us achieve this goal. I can assure you that your experience was an anomaly please be assured that we have taken the appropriate measures and addressed the issue to prevent future occurrence.

I hope that you will accept my apology as your experience is not indicative of the usual high standard at our hotel. I would certainly like to speak with you and would ask that you please contact me directly at your convenience.

Belinda
Adelaide
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed 7 nights in a 1 bedroom Garden view suite during March 2012 with 2 adults, a toddler and an infant and chose this place as a special treat for a milestone birthday. Location right out on the pier could not be better for acces to ferries, the Rocks and great food options. Service from the moment we arrived was fantastic. The room was beautiful and had a lovely aspect looking out over the botanical gardens. The bed was super comfy, the kitchen well fitted out and the room setup was perfect. We had a portacot set up and ready to go on arrival and later in the day staff came to make up the sofa bed for our 3 year old. Gym is fine and the pool and spa looking out over the pier are great.
This place delivered on every level. Staff even provided us a complimentary bottle of champagne on the birthday and when our toddler left her new stuffed toy in the airport transfer car, staff arranged to have the driver drop the toy back to the Suites and they mailed it back to us. The only downside is that having now stayed here it will be hard to think of staying anywhere else in Sydney when we go back next time.

Room Tip: We had a high floor facing the botanical gardens and thought the room was perfect.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family