“The staff are great”

Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour
Ranked #92 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I attended a concert at the Sydney Entertainment Centre so the location of the hotel being directly across the road was fantastic. Virgin had cancelled my flight so I arrived 5 hours later than expected, but the staff were fantastic. We required a trundle bed and this was bought up within minutes of us entering the room. The staff in the restaurant for brekky were also fantastic. I can't recommend the hotel enough. I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Peter E, General Manager at Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Dear guest,

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. I was delighted to read your comments regarding your stay with us and I am very pleased to read your positive feedback about our wonderful staff. it is fantastic to get great feedback like yours and I will share your comments with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Peter Emery

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Great location and a lot more reasonable than the other Novotel. Great staff and really helpful, not a grumpy one among them. easy access to the Convention centre and Darling harbour, with the monorail to the city centre. Standard room was comfortable and in need of a bit of a spruce up, don't expect a robe, safe or extensive toiletries. The pumphouse bar & restaurant had really good meals at reasonable prices. Ideal place to stay for the Convention centre and for a few nights.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear JMAPerth,

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay and particularly that you received helpful and friendly service from our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

After driving 4 hours in appalling conditions this mother to be was exhausted. The concierge was so helpful, and I checked into my room. I was very excited to be seeing my husband again after he has been away with work for months. He was running late, and I was very hungry so headed to the pumphouse downstairs. It took 15 mins for my order to be taken. Another 15 for my drink to arrive. My entree never did arrive, but to their credit they did not charge me the 3.40 for my trouble. My main was nice, a steak with steamed veg. Had to beg for attention all night, ordered dessert and coffee. Coffee was forgotten. I had enough, headed to pay when hubbub walked by. I left my card with the waiter, ran to greet hubby quickly, returned to pay and was told off for opening the door letting in cold air. Ok food, shocking service, lets down a good hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear guest,

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. I was delighted to read that you really enjoyed our hotel and found our staff most helpful.
I have met with the team at the Pumphouse regarding your comments. Let me reassure you that this is a once off incident and that usually we pride ourselves on our service. Please contact me directly on 0282174023 the next time you visit our hotel as I would like to offer you a complimentary meal at the Pumphouse for you to experience the quality we normally provide in both service and product.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Whoosh! Whoosh! Rawrrr! Whoosh!

PROS: close to the action, rooms reasonable

CONS: the noise! I can only imagIne the fumes inhaled. If an alien were to pick up this hotel and relocate it somewhere quieter, I'd be sure to recommend.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 29 August 2012

A really average hotel. We stayed overnight and to keep or car safe we used the valet service. On check out the next morning we found our new black car with deep white scratches on the drivers side! They damaged our new car and want nothing to do with us. Book somewhere else. Average hotel with disgraceful service!

• Stayed: August 2012