“2nd Class Accor Advantage Plus Holder”
Review of Mercure Sydney

Mercure Sydney
Ranked #65 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Being a member do not give me any perks at all - yet I get some ridiculous treatment : a super small room, key card never able to open the door in the 2nd day and a roller bed come in to the super small room when I did not ask for it. When I try to ask for compensation or upgrade or Free Breakfast etc. to comfort my mind .. Nothing is done !! IT MAKE me really want to complaint to AAP+
When I ask the receptionist whether there is slightly bigger room, she said NO and ALL ROOM the same. I am sure the layout is difference in the better room as it is more square as I see the other room when I go past. 611 is in the corner and very odd shape.. This Hotel make me think to discontinue my Accor Advantage Plus membership.
Furthermore, there is no tooth brush, slipper etc.... As I am seldom to Sydney but this is one of the worst 4 star Hotel I have even stayed !!!

Room Tip: Corner room is very small. Avoid it all.. If you are AAP .. do not show it or you will be hurt !
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guest from Kuala Lumpur,

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. I am very disappointed to read that you did not have an ideal stay at Mercure Sydney. I am also concerned that as an Advantage Plus member you feel you did not receive quality service.

I’d certainly be interesting in discussing this stay with you further. If convenient please contact the hotel (our number is on our website) and ask to speak to myself.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Greg Brady

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

basic hotel.... only grace it has a central location right next to the central station and a quick taxi ride to darling harbour. ....bathrooms are old and dated....concierge was very helpful..... the hotel shop is cheaper than the seven eleven and the grocery store next door ...so get your supplies of coke and crisps from here...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear guest from Noida,

Thanks for your feedback. I was pleased to read you had a pleasant overall stay, enjoyed our location and recived good service from the concierge.

Regarding your comments about the bathrooms, I can confirm that all guest rooms and bathrooms are being updated and we are excited about showing our guests the new faciltities. I do appreciate the time you have taken to provide feedback in this area.

We hope to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Hotel was used as an overnight before a morning flight. Staff great, good shuttle, room above my usual standard but the price was low (I think there was a sale on), Wifi in lobby but you have to pay in your room.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Dear guest from Canada,

Thanks for your positive feedback. I was delighted to read you had an enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2012

This hotel was very clean and comfortable but the standard rooms are rather small and glad I only was there one night. I shared with a girlfriend and the bed was very comfortable and the location was great - close to China Town, the Markets and not far to Oxford street.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Basically a cheap businessmans hotel. I was surprised to find an Accor hotel with such poor cleanliness standards given my experience with this group in the past. Rooms are small and outdated, hallways looked like they had not been vacumed for quite a while. The only bright spots were the buffet breakfast and the service received from the concierge.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear guest from Noosa,

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. I was disappointed to read that you did not have an ideal experience at Mercure Sydney.

I can confirm that we are updating all guest rooms and bathrooms which will make our guest experience even more comfortable.

I’d be interesting in discussing this stay with you further. If convenient please contact the hotel (our number is on our website) and ask to speak to myself.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.