Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall
Ranked #48 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Melbourne, Australia
“Handy”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Hotel was close to Chinatown, Darling Harbour, Town Hall station, World Square and also the City. We stayed in a two bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment with a kitchen and laundry as well. Big rooms, quiet and everything anyone could possibly need. The only thing missing was a container to make ice blocks in the fridge. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Geeitsabigworld,

Thank you for posting the comments regarding your recent stay at the Medina Grand Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback, so detailed feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay.
We will obviously look into the small issue of missing ice blocks container and will make sure that there is one available in every full sized fridge.
We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be as enjoyable as the one that you have described above.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Medina Grand Sydney
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2012

This is an apartment style hotel therefore the rooms are fitted with either basic kitchen equipment (kettle, toaster, microwave) or more sophisticated which includes hob and washing machine. All useful if you are staying in the city for a longer period and want some home comforts.

The location of the hotel is excellent. Just outside of Town Hall station for easy rail transfers from the airport. A 5 min walk from Darling Harbour and 20-30 (depending on pace) walk from Circular Quay. It is 5-10 mina walk to the main shopping area.

The rooms are a good size and an excellent standard.

Hotel check in was awful. The receptionist was very abrupt and unhelpful. However this appears limited to one or two members of staff. The others are friendly and helpful.

The hotel has a small gym and internet access. The wifi is expensive at $12.50 an hour, which to be honest is a rip off.

Overall 4 out of 5. Marked down for check in and expensive wifi.

• Stayed February 2012
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Mark G,

I'm sorry to see that we have not met your expectations in terms of service during check in.
I can assure you that this is not the standard myself and the team aim for. I am happy that the rest of your stay was pleasant however.
I have also noted your comments regarding internet charges. There are several internet rate options available for our guests to choose from. Maximum amount per day will not exceed $25 (unlimited download). I wanted to assure you though that I will pass your comments on to the internet provider for Medina Grand Sydney.

Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Beautiful hotel in a fabulous position. Very luxurious. Walk diagonally across the street to the Town Hall arcade and train station. Large clean rooms.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear jonclo,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel again.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We booked this hotel based on reviews found here on tripadvisor for our stay in Sydney in Feb & we were glad we did. The hotel is very conveniently located. You can cross the street & walk through an underground shopping area to get to the Town Hall train station, all of 5 minutes. China Town, Darling Harbour are all within walking distances. Shops & restaurants are all around the hotel.
The hotel itself is ok, a bit dated - swimming pool & gym is small, but adequate. Room is decently sized & equipped with a flat screen & mini kitchenette. Staff is nice, from front desk to housekeeping. Ask for room on a higher floor so you can get nice view of the city. Internet is extra, but there's free wi-fi from a cafe by the front desk area, so we were down in the lobby at night to check our email. Overall, a pleasant stay experience & I would recommend others to stay here.

Room Tip: Higher floor for city view
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tdbt1016
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear tdbt1016,

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment. Location was good except staff at check out was very rude and unprofessional embarrassing me infront of my international colleagues and other patrons at the premesis. This is not acceptable and I wish i had stayed elsewhere!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Mrslea
Dear Mrslea,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to see that we have not met your expectations in terms of service during check out. I can assure you that this is not the standard myself and the team aim for. I hope that the rest of your stay was pleasant however. I can only confirm I will personally investigate this matter.
I would very much appreciate further contact if possible, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please contact me directly at the hotel.