2,819 results
All reviews darling harbour great location rooms are small maritime museum light rail lyric theatre star casino buffet breakfast short stay bed was very comfortable easy access an upgrade opera house monorail pyrmont aquarium icc
Reviewed 11 November 2018

I get Sydney is expensive but $624 for two nights in this hotel is so expensive. I dont sleep well so asked for a quiet room when I placed the booking and was stuck on lowest level facing an intersection. Why? This means I averages 3 hours a night sleep.
The Breakfast is worth the extra.
Location is convenient.
Room is old and small.
Valet parking is over the top and they hotel suggests you park in the public carpark next door.

The hotel sent me a survey asking for feedback which I did. Still no reply a month later.

Room tip: Just think twice its a lot of money for a very average room
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Tim J
NovotelSydneyDHH, General Manager at Ibis Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2018

Dear Tim J,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay. I certainly apologise that we did not meet your expectations and that the room allocated was not appropriate. I will certainly follow this up. I am pleased to read that you found the hotel suitable located and the breakfast worth the extra dollars. In regards to parking I can only assume that you were directed to Wilsons with our carp park already full. I hope this will not deter you from choosing Ibis hotels again in the future.

Reviewed 11 November 2018

I recently stayed here for a 2 night stay with my mother and sister. We arrived early around 11 and were able to check in then which was much appreciated after an early morning flight. We were given a very nice upgrade to a harbour view room , which was so lovely to be able to look outside and see the harbour. I would highly recommend booking one of these rooms. Breakfast was fantastic at the price of $15 per person and I was surprised at the amount of options the buffet had to offer. As a bonus you get free bottles of water in the room on check in day which was fantastic. All staff were great, the location was great, hotel is very modern and very accessible via public transport. I would highly recommend this hotel to all travellers. Thanks for a great stay !!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Welivetotravel1,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review following your stay. I am pleased to read that you had such a wonderful time finding both the Hotel and location for your time in Sydney. we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

My wife and I stayed at the Ibis when we visited our son who just moved to Sydney for work.
The Ibis Darling Harbour is in a great location, the room was on the small side but that wasn't a problem for us, we had a very nice view from our room and on the Sunday night after returning to our room after dinner we were treated to a spectacular fireworks display right in front of our window

Room tip: Ask for a harbour side room, its worth the extra $30 per night
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
NovotelSydneyDHH, General Manager at Ibis Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Dear dwalford49,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and share your recent experience on Trip Advisor, I am pleased to read that you found the Hotel suitable on this occasion and wish your son all the best in his new job. Hopefully we will get to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

The rooms are quite small but clean. Beds comfortable. Tea and coffee supplied, air con and usual bathroom stuff. Location is really convenient to many attractions and reasonably easy to get to via train and light rail.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Leanne D,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased to read that you found the Hotel suitable despite the size of the room. We hope to welcome you back again during future planned visits to Darling Harbour.

Reviewed 4 November 2018

Excellent location, friendly staff, great restaurant and best of all a fantastic outside seating area. A brilliant hotel for smokers with the facilities laid out so that non-smokers are not at all affected by cigarette smoke. I would very happily stay in this hotel again but particularly so due to the smoking arrangements in what is now a very strict non-smoking city.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelSydneyDHH, General Manager at Ibis Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Dear Alison K,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and share your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you found the hotel suitable and ideal for yourself as a smoker. I will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.