1,430 results
All reviews the executive lounge circular quay opera house great location bridge view cruise terminal platinum member train station sydney harbour concierge desk pitt street excellent hotel early check easy walk botanical gardens an upgrade great room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Me and hubby go every couple months for a staycation around Sydney we’ve tried many 5 star hotels and never had an issue but the Marriott was so overrated honestly I wouldn’t give it more than 4 stars max. Paid extra for Harbour view room the window was small and you could only see the harbour when standing on a certain angle. Also found what looked like a chewing gum or something growing that was mouldy on top of bed at eye level. The bathroom was old and mouldy with soap scum definitely not a 5 star bathroom.
I didn’t complain as hubby didn’t want me to as it was only a one night stay but wish I did for the price we paid I was very disappointed!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eman E
Antony P, General Manager at Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Eman E,

Thank you for choosing the Sydney Harbour Marriott as a preferred choice of accommodation during your recent staycation to Sydney.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travel, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology and your feedback has been share with the appropriate hotel team to ensure this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Sydney.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was delighted to find that the hotel was just two blocks walking from the train station and the perfect location to see the sites. I booked with points so I hadn't fully paid attention to location so much as my options.

I arrived early in the morning and was able to check-in immediately which I greatly appreciated since I had flown in from the States. I have status so I was upgraded which was another nice benefit. The gentleman that checked me in was very welcoming.

I was there early enough to enjoy breakfast (great benefit that's included with status) and then hit the ground running. When I returned, I found no hot water in the shower. I let it run for a long time and still no hot water. I figured it was due to the time of day and it could run out and didn't mention it.

When I returned that evening, I found that housekeeping had left a bill for the minibar. To be honest, I didn't even know I had a minibar at that point. The next morning (I had hot water again), I took the bill down to the front desk and was told nothing was on my account and it must have been left from a previous guest though I knew it was new. I was assured it was not a problem.

On the morning I went to check out, I had to leave very early due to my flight. It was before 6am and I once again didn't have hot water. Being so early and needing to leave, I didn't have time to call about it. I also found that I had a bill that DID include the minibar charges I had already discussed with them and disputed. I stopped by the desk on the way out to once again talk about the charges and mentioned no hot water. They assured me it would be taken care of and I did not receive any charges on my credit card.

Overall, I know things happen like the hot water and mistakes on minibars. I would still recommend this hotel because it was a pleasant experience and such a great location.

Room Tip: Higher floors likely have less city noise though it wasn't a problem
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Erin M

Dear Erin M,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Sydney Harbour Marriott. As we are located within minutes of Circular Quay, we are pleased that you had a great stay with us and that you were able to utilize this location to your advantage. Whilst you found our great location and hotel facilities to your liking, I am sorry to learn of the issue regarding the hot water and mini bar charges.

We do take all feedback very seriously and I have personally taken the liberty with the Managers concerned to ensure such lapses in our standards do not occur in the future. In particular, I have discussed your concerns with the Engineering department to have the hot water issue checked immediately within the room you resided in during your stay. Along, with briefing the Front Office Team of the charges wrongly applied to your booking.

Once again, I apologise for your disappointment and sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Firstly everything in this hotel is slow. They're slow to answer the phone, it's slow to check in, it's slow to get seated for breakfast, it's slow to get room service, it's slow to get fresh towels etc. I actually had to call 3 times to get fresh towels, they never came. I actually went searching and found some on a trolley myself, not to mention they abysmal quality linen. If you are a person who values your time, then look somewhere else.

Now onto my experience; when I arrived in my taxi they didn't take all my bags out of the boot. The taxi almost drove off with half my luggage so luckily I was being attentive.

Now when you walk into a lobby and there's dozens of frustrated people standing around with suitcases you know you're in for a bad time. I tried to get an early check in but this was impossible. They have a 3pm check in time which is absolutely absurd, this is the latest check-in time in Australia so take note.

So anyway I went to explore while I waited for my room to be ready. I was supposed to get a text but that didn't happen. I went back an hour later and was told my room is ready. Great! I go to the 26th floor, open the door and this already room is occupied with another couple with clothes and shoes everywhere! They just double booked a room and programmed a second set of keys! Not only was my first impression of this hotel room disgusting because it was covered in someone else's junk, but imagine what I could have walked into with this poor couple!

So I went back downstairs to a very confused concierge who couldn't work out what happened. He ran behind a door and came back with another key and tried to ditch me on the 11th floor, I had requested a high floor. Not good enough. He then asked where my luggage was. Um, you tell me where it is, you've got it! They actually lost my luggage for an hour.

So the check-in and first impression was an absolute disaster but it gets worse, yes really. I had left for the day at about 11am and put the 'please make up my room' sign on the door. After a long, busy day I came back to my room at around 630pm and opened the door to find the cleaner still in my room making it up! She told me to come back in 20 minutes! It's just getting comical now.

The customer service here is just crazy, this is the kind of experience makes you hate an entire city let alone the hotel chain. What a disaster.

To top it off they have Pepsi instead of Coke which is a wonderfully symbolic way to summarise the experience at this hotel. I wouldn't let the positive reviews fool you, this place is bad.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank 713Edward

Dear 713Edward,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience at the Sydney Harbour Marriott.

As a valued guest, we see that there is room for improvement based on your feedback and I'm sadden to see several missed opportunities during your stay with us. I wanted to re-assure you that the matters mentioned have been taken very seriously and shared amongst the Mangers concerned.

Please accept our sincere apology for not meeting your expectation. As we strive to deliver a flawless guest experience, we would love to discuss your areas of concerns further. Whenever you have a moment, feel free to contact the hotel directly so that we can continue to improve our hotel operations.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overall good stay. Warm welcome, impression of space and cleanliness, reasonable upgrade cost for a room with a view on the opera. Breakfast buffet was offering a wide variety although scrambled eggs were always cold as much as the rest of the "warm" food" (bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, potatoes...) that goes along with the eggs. A real coffee machine in the room would be nice also.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on the harbour / opera and ideally far from elevators
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mikevdb59

Dear Mikevdb59,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay at the hotel. Good and bad feedback are equally appreciated and provide us with the opportunity to reflect on areas of improvement.

It is a little disappointing to hear the negative feedback, in regards to the cold scrambled eggs. Our team here at Sydney Harbour Marriott constantly strive to provide exceptional service. Therefore, please be assured, the feedback provided will be shared with the appropriate hotel team to ensure we consistently deliver upon guest expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you travel to Sydney.

Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed for one night on a business trip. The reception staff were great and although buy and I checked in early from a long flight they found a room for me. The rooms are well kitted out, including a plug adaptor. Bedding the usual high standard of Marriotts, I had quite a basic room with no view but it didn't matter for me for one night. They have a nice lobby restaurant, little space for relaxing and waiting if you don't want to be in your room. The gym was quite large and seemed quite well kitted out but on a beautiful day it was a shame that the pool was being decorated (nobody advised me of this) but it was unavailable. The breakfast area was pleasant and the breakfast was good with a very healthy range and enjoyable options.

Room Tip: Use the app to check in on if you want a room promptly
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank happyholidaygirl059

Dear happyholidaygirl059,

Thank you for dedicating the time and effort to write us your prompt feedback. I was pleased to know that you have found the Sydney Harbour Marriott to be a good hotel and had a comfortable stay.

Your acknowledgement is valuable to all of us and your evaluation is an important part of our ongoing program to continuously monitor the quality of our services and accommodations.

We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future!