The hotel is well situated, nice design (small) rooms, efficient check in and check out and many other positive things. The personnel is friendly and well trained and efficient in servicing the guests. But...
* Food and beverage is of really poor quality. I had a few times dinner and lunch in the hotel and the food was really disappointing. I ordered a Shiraz glass of wine in the Zeta bar which was undrinkable. I was really wondering what they did to truly ruin the food...
* I asked for a late check out at 3 pm which is normally one of the "give and gets" of a Diamond member. Though, I got as an answer that the hotel is fully occupied and that this can only be granted if I pay for it. When I pointed out that this is something which is complementary for Diamond members, she answered me "only if available" (she clearly learned her stuff). Though, Hilton, explain me how a room is not available for free and is available if you pay for the late check out ? Has more to do with greed than with availability, right ? With the price I paid for the room (400 Aussie dollars), I would expect less greed...
* My room (3604) had a connecting door to the room next door. Of course, the door is securely locked, but all noise of the room next door comes through. No isolation at all ! You can follow every conversation, television program and more. Make sure you avoid at all costs the rooms with connecting door.
Mixed feelings about the hotel. Not sure if I will stay there again. There might be better options in Sydney.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly located in the hub of the city, Hilton Sydney has magnificent views and convenient access to iconic attractions including the spectacular Sydney Harbour and Opera House. Offering contemporary design that fulfils comfort and style, outstanding facilities and exceptional service, Hilton Sydney is a must for both domestic and international guests and Sydneysiders alike. Choose from stylish guest rooms and luxury suites, and rejuvenate the body and mind at LivingWell Premier Health Club with the latest gym facilities, swimming pool and stunning day spa. Sample two stylish and distinctive bars in the progressive, sleek cocktail bar, Zeta Bar with its international team of mixologists and the iconic, Victorian live music hub that’s Marble Bar. Enjoy a coffee, light meal or delectable dessert in the patisserie at Caffe Cino and one of Australia’s leading chefs and restaurateurs, Luke Mangan, provides a definitive Sydney dining experience at the award winning, glass brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Expedia and Prestigia so you can book your Hilton Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Hilton International Sydney
- Sydney Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Sydney