“Very Central”

Ranked #37 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney
“Very Central”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

My wife and I stayed here after a night out with friends. Its location is ideal for for this or if you want to be able to walk to the main city attractions.
We had a standard room, which was excellent - nice king bed, soft pillow, good bathroom with separate shower and bath. And we took the high floor option for only $9 extra - worth it.
The Glass Wine Bar was excellent for a late night drink - a bit noisy but modern, sleek and a great selection of wines. We would have preferred the more atmospheric Marble Bar, but there was quite a queue.
The hotel is centrally located between George and Pitt Streets and across the road from the Queen Victoria Building (QVB), and less than a block from Pitt St Mall, with no shortage of dining or breakfast options within a very easy walk if you prefer to get out of the hotel.
There is a pedestrian entrance in George St but the car entrance is at 255 Pitt St.

Room Tip: High floor option was good value.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank OzSooty
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Thank you for posting your review about Hilton Sydney.

It is wonderful to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you will have an opportunity to come back and experience the unique vibe of our iconic Marble Bar.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Michael Bourne
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (745)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Myself, my wife and two children travelled to Sydney to have a "relaxing" four day break, and being a frequent traveller, the Hilton hotel with their reputable location in George street Sydney seemed the perfect place to stay in Sydney!

Apon a late arrival to Sydney Friday night, I booked a table at the resturant where I was told I was certain to get a table, however when I took my family to the resturant Apon arrival I was told there were simply "no more tables" available! After being spoken to by extremely rude weighting staff, the resturant manager ensured us he had a table and apologized for the RUDE greeting by the female weighters!

Friday and Saturday night were complely disastrous,with my family barely having one hour of sleep due to the noise from outside and the elevators! When talking to the manager, simply giving my feedback, I returned to my hotel room to find packets of ear plugs on our beds!!!!

On the arrival back to our home (Adelaide) my wife and teenage daughters have had to undergo physeo to correct their backs due the uncomfortable beds which the Hilton provide, and catch up on sleep!!

THERE WAS NOTHING RELAXING ABOUT THIS SO CALLED BREAK AT THE HILTON HOTEL SYDNEY!!!

Room Tip: Try the westin hotel in Sydney!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Stephen T
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thank you for your comments following your stay with us.

Naturally, I am very disappointed to see that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and we deeply regret any inconvenience caused as a result of the issues you experienced.

At Hilton, we highly value all our guests' feedback and in order for us to investigate the matter in further detail, I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me directly.

Thank you again for your time.

Australia
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Great Hotel food in Glass. Expensive, but wonderful wine list and food presentation.
Dislikes- unreliable key system.
Likes- staff, gym, breakfast

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hilton Sydney.

I am so pleased you enjoyed our service and facilities throughout your stay.

We deeply regret any inconvenience caused by the problems you encountered with your room key and we are currently looking into an alternative key card system.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to Sydney.

United States
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Normally I avoid Hiltons like the plague - this property is the exception. Well located in Sydney's CBD, it is contemporary in a manner fitting a city like Sydney (aka it doesn't try too hard to be something its not). The restaurant is great for breakfast, and the rooms are clean-lines modernist in a way that completely eludes most chain hotels in middle America (latter being stuck in some notion of American suburbia that is best characterized by the country's politics- dated and distasteful). I especially like the bathroom- though small, very bright, cleanlines, separate shower that has a glass wall to the room. The room itself is beginning to look worn- can't quite put my finger on it (the carpet etc). Being a Hilton, each guest has to suffer through cheap advertising on cheap paper being placed everywhere. That said, notwithstanding other choices in Sydney, I will be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thank you for choosing Hilton Sydney.

We appreciate your valuable feedback pertaining to the guest room and your stay overall.

I am pleased you would choose to stay at Hilton Sydney again in future and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I'm a Sydney born and raised Aussie, but currently living in the USA.
This is the hotel I recommend for all my friends in the USA looking for a great hotel in the Sydney CBD, with easy access to everything. Top notch service, and excellent staff.
Have stayed here several times when coming back to Sydney with friends and family members.
The hotel has never disappointed me. I recommend a "relaxation room", rather than just a standard room if you can afford it. They are really nice and it makes a difference to your overall trip. Also a very nice buffet.
I have an upcoming stay in May and have 3 rooms reserved. Will provide an updated review then, and let everyone know how the rooms are this year. As a Diamond, i really hope to get an upgrade. Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Room Tip: Go for the "relaxation suite" if you can afford it. Worth the extra money.. We really lik...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Thanks so much for your comments.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay in the Relaxation room and we look forward to your return in May. As a Hilton Honors Diamond member we value your loyalty and we certainly endeavour to upgrade you on your next visit.

Thank you again for your feedback.