“AVOID the Hilton hotel Sydney!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Sydney

Hilton Sydney
Ranked #36 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
Adelaide, Australia
“AVOID the Hilton hotel Sydney!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Myself, my wife and two children travelled to Sydney to have a "relaxing" four day break, and being a frequent traveller, the Hilton hotel with their reputable location in George street Sydney seemed the perfect place to stay in Sydney!

Apon a late arrival to Sydney Friday night, I booked a table at the resturant where I was told I was certain to get a table, however when I took my family to the resturant Apon arrival I was told there were simply "no more tables" available! After being spoken to by extremely rude weighting staff, the resturant manager ensured us he had a table and apologized for the RUDE greeting by the female weighters!

Friday and Saturday night were complely disastrous,with my family barely having one hour of sleep due to the noise from outside and the elevators! When talking to the manager, simply giving my feedback, I returned to my hotel room to find packets of ear plugs on our beds!!!!

On the arrival back to our home (Adelaide) my wife and teenage daughters have had to undergo physeo to correct their backs due the uncomfortable beds which the Hilton provide, and catch up on sleep!!

THERE WAS NOTHING RELAXING ABOUT THIS SO CALLED BREAK AT THE HILTON HOTEL SYDNEY!!!

Room Tip: Try the westin hotel in Sydney!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Stephen T
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thank you for your comments following your stay with us.

Naturally, I am very disappointed to see that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and we deeply regret any inconvenience caused as a result of the issues you experienced.

At Hilton, we highly value all our guests' feedback and in order for us to investigate the matter in further detail, I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me directly.

Thank you again for your time.

Michael Bourne
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (734)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Great Hotel food in Glass. Expensive, but wonderful wine list and food presentation.
Dislikes- unreliable key system.
Likes- staff, gym, breakfast

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hilton Sydney.

I am so pleased you enjoyed our service and facilities throughout your stay.

We deeply regret any inconvenience caused by the problems you encountered with your room key and we are currently looking into an alternative key card system.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to Sydney.

United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Normally I avoid Hiltons like the plague - this property is the exception. Well located in Sydney's CBD, it is contemporary in a manner fitting a city like Sydney (aka it doesn't try too hard to be something its not). The restaurant is great for breakfast, and the rooms are clean-lines modernist in a way that completely eludes most chain hotels in middle America (latter being stuck in some notion of American suburbia that is best characterized by the country's politics- dated and distasteful). I especially like the bathroom- though small, very bright, cleanlines, separate shower that has a glass wall to the room. The room itself is beginning to look worn- can't quite put my finger on it (the carpet etc). Being a Hilton, each guest has to suffer through cheap advertising on cheap paper being placed everywhere. That said, notwithstanding other choices in Sydney, I will be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thank you for choosing Hilton Sydney.

We appreciate your valuable feedback pertaining to the guest room and your stay overall.

I am pleased you would choose to stay at Hilton Sydney again in future and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

I'm a Sydney born and raised Aussie, but currently living in the USA.
This is the hotel I recommend for all my friends in the USA looking for a great hotel in the Sydney CBD, with easy access to everything. Top notch service, and excellent staff.
Have stayed here several times when coming back to Sydney with friends and family members.
The hotel has never disappointed me. I recommend a "relaxation room", rather than just a standard room if you can afford it. They are really nice and it makes a difference to your overall trip. Also a very nice buffet.
I have an upcoming stay in May and have 3 rooms reserved. Will provide an updated review then, and let everyone know how the rooms are this year. As a Diamond, i really hope to get an upgrade. Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Room Tip: Go for the "relaxation suite" if you can afford it. Worth the extra money.. We really lik...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Thanks so much for your comments.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay in the Relaxation room and we look forward to your return in May. As a Hilton Honors Diamond member we value your loyalty and we certainly endeavour to upgrade you on your next visit.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Caloundra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Stayed here for three nights on business in March 2012. The room was very comfortable, clean and top quality. Very nice and clean bathroom.
Amazing breakfast buffet with plenty to choose from. Dinner at the restaurant on the 2nd floor was also very nice however slightly expensive. I ordered dessert from the room service menu and unfortunately was very disappointed- was nothing as described and over baked. Despite this I would rate this hotel very high.
Very friendly staff and a pleasure to stay.

Room Tip: Central location
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

We are so glad you enjoyed your overall stay. I do appreciate your feedback pertaining to the quality of your in room dining experience and have relayed your comments to our Executive Chef accordingly; thank you. Our sincere apologies for this disappointment.

I hope we will have another opportunity to serve you again soon at the Hilton Sydney.