“Good location, affordable, not bad at all”

Cambridge Hotel Sydney
Ranked #37 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
“Good location, affordable, not bad at all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012 via mobile

I had two nights here. Reception staff were polite and helpful. Stayed in a premium room, which was quite spacious and had everything I needed. Could have been cleaner, but not worth worrying about. Easy to get to trains, shops, restaurants etc. got a good deal on the room too. Would happily go back

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank KerrboxAU
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear Kerrbox AU,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about the hotel.
We are very glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that the room, location and staff met your expectations.
I am disappointed that you felt the room could be cleaner. We pride our housekeeping, please contact me directly to discuss the issues with housekeeping as I would like to retrain the house maid who serviced your room.
steven@cambridgehotel.com.au
We are pleased to hear that you will stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Steven Gargano
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Albury, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

From the beginning everything was perfect - staff were pleasant and very helpful - room was spacious and beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean. Position was perfect - so close to everything and buses were close nearby - looking forward to a return stay.

Room Tip: enjoyed the view from a balcony room
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Angela P,
Thank you for choosing the Cambridge Hotel for your recent stay, and also for your wonderful comments regarding the hotel.
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we met your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

I booked my room on http://www.lastminute.com.au. It was a great little hotel and one of my best stays in Australia. It is located on Riley Street - close to Oxford and Crown Street in Surry Hills. It was a great value!

My room was super nice, trendy, fancy, and had a comfy bed and couch and desk area. The room was very clean. As someone mentioned I did have some temp changes when taking a shower with I had to regulate, it was not a major deal and the value made up for any little quirks in my opinion.

This was the best hotel at the $100 or so price point. Sydney hotels are not cheap and don't have very many nice hotels and had to look hard to find this value.

It is close to many trendy restaurants on Crown Street such as "The Winery" and "Billy Kwong" and an awesome pizza place the hotel recommended - Mad Pizza E Bar. A pie face is close by so is coffee shops - convenience stores and grocery stores.

With a quick cab ride you can get to anywhere in the city. Bus stops a short walk take the 333 or 339 bus to Bondi Beach is about a 20 min bus ride.
The front desk people were so helpful checking in and helped me with dining places, what tours to see and do - happening night spots and many other things.

They do charge to wireless internet - buy why would you use that?? You can buy Telsa or Optus sim (best two cell carriers in AUS) card get a month of internet and call for $30 and if you have a iphone or android teather to your laptop.

I did not use room service, the pool or anything else - I was in Sydney to see Sydney and did not hang out in the hotel too much.

There is construction next door a building being put up - but I was out exploring all day and only had a bit of noise in the morning. So if you party all night / sleep all day bad place for you.

If you don't want to be with the tourists in the Circular Quay and Darling Harbor and want to get mixed in with the locals I highly recommend.

Room Tip: I booked my room here on http://www.lastminute.com.au.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank surfcali
Dear Surfcali,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Cambridge Hotel.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I am also very glad to hear that you found the room, the location, and our front desk staff great value.
I am very sorry you experienced shower regulation issues. Our maintenance team has investigated the matter and have now rectified the problem.
Once again, thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the hotel and staff. I appreciate all feedback, which helps us to continually improve ourselves.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cambridge Hotel in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

So my decision to stay in this hotel was purely based on location and comparable price for the area having a birthday to Attend at cafe lounge and only being in Sydney for less than 24 hours.

We booked a queen premium through agoda, and when we arrived I was informed we had been 'upgraded ' to a twin double.... Hmmmm so an upgrade means a smaller sized bed? Great :(

Rooms were clean, although a funny shape. decor is modern - bathroom was lovely. The shower was a typical temperamental hotel shower when trying to regulate the temperature but nice otherwise. Beds were comfy but a little on the small side!

On the plus side, mini bar prices are cheap! Breakfast was cheap but we didn't have a chance to check it out. I'd stay again

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Someonemaybe,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay.
We are happy that the décor and cleanness of your room met your expectations. I am also pleased you found the prices of the mini bar and the breakfast affordable.
I am sorry to hear that you experienced problems regulating the shower temperature, we have taken measures to rectify the problem you encountered.
I apologize for this inconvenience, with the mix up of upgrade and would appreciate it if you would contact me directly at steven@cambridgehotel.com.au, to further discuss this.
I look forward speaking with you.

Best Regards
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

Stayed three nights at Premium Queen Room. Staffs are very helpful and friendly, which makes it a very comfortable stay. Closed to Oxford street, but very quiet at night. I enjoyed my stay.

The only little thing is there is next building construction work during the day, it might be a bit noisy early in the morning, however, if you don't stay in room all the time, it is still okay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
CambridgeHotel, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
Dear Michgu,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the Cambridge Hotel.
I am glad that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, and I am pleased that you had a comfortable stay.
I am sorry to hear that you experienced some noise disruption from the construction site next door. As of today, all rooms boarding to construction site will be no longer in use.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Cambridge Hotel soon.

Warm regards,