1,033 results
All reviews jewel suite spa suite star casino adored suite sokyo restaurant rain shower room service walk in wardrobe nespresso coffee machine lyric theatre light switches pillow menu amazing hotel mini bar turn down service in room dining harbour bridge
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Check in was atrocious after a 24 hour flight I didn’t not then expect to spend half an hour arguing with rude, dismissive and obstructive reception staff especially as I had already paid for my room in full before my arrival. Booking.com states $100 security deposit required on arrival - so please explain to me why your reception staff then tried to charge me $600 security deposit????? When I queried this he became argumentative, rude and defensive stating I’d use the mini bar (no plans on doing so and I had requested they remove the items so I could use the fridge as required for my own items (it took them 3 days to empty the mini bar) - needless to say after half an hour of arguing he said he’d take $200 again more than advertised on booking.com not and not at all mentioned in any correspondence about the booking either. I’m still waiting for this to be refunded as well. I had no choice but to accept this as I wanted to go to bed as by the time I arrived at the hotel it was 23:30 - by the time I had actually checked in, it was gone midnight yet still charged for that evening!! Disgraceful - ruined the start of my holiday and no apology or refund received as of yet!! He just shrugged his shoulders when I informed him of my dissatisfaction of his customer service, now baring in mind this hotel is not cheap I would expect far better service especially on initial arrival!! Once the mini bar had finally been removed so I could use the fridge to store water - the stay went without a hitch pretty much - the suite I was staying in 978 was lovely, large living area with wall mounted tv, couch and snuggle chair with foot rest, nespresso coffee machine, selection of teas, sugar and milk.
Bedroom had a large king size bed, facing the full sized windows over looking the pool, partial harbour view (the only slightly irritating thing is the lights going up the back of the theatre building) tv, alarm clock and 2 telephones (room actually has three phones in total (slightly excessive, one in the living room, one located on the table behind the bed and one on the bedside table)
Bathroom consists of two sinks, shower with rainfall head and normal shower head which is actually really powerful, walk-in wardrobe with safe, toilet and jacuzzi bath - which I’m sure would be lovely but I only went to use it once and yellow dirt came out of the jets which instantly put me off as showed it wasn’t cleaned fully.
I didn’t eat in any of the restaurants in the complex so am unable to comment on the restaurant food or breakfast.
The pool area has a bar, sub loungers, towels and plenty of seating, the pool itself is a nice length and depth for swimming although is cold and not heated.
Hotel is located close to Darling Harbour, the hop on hop off bus stops, and other attractions - easily accessible by foot to Darling Harbour, Chinese Garden of friendship, Sea Life Centre, Wildlife and Madam Tussauds, plenty of restaurants around Darling Harbour if you don’t want to eat within the Star complex, tourist shop to book excursions, and shopping mall.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend this suites for those who are coming to Sydney. The suites was big, the bed was great even the view was superb! Thier service excellent with a very friendly staff as well. I will definitely come over for my next trip. It was a pleasure to stay with The Darling. From Mr. & Mrs. Nizam, Malaysia

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The_Star_Management, Manager at The Darling, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Excursion22122370248,

Thank you for such a lovely review you left after your recent stay with us at The Darling.

We are absolutely thrilled that you were able to experience a spectacular stay at The Darling Mr & Mrs Nizam and that we will be able to welcome you back!

Whenever you choose to plan that next trip, please do not hesitate to reach out to us to assist you. We are just a click away via darlingassistantmanager@star.com.au

Until next time!

Reviewed 4 November 2018

We wouldn't normally choose to stay at a casino hotel, but this time were glad we did. The Darling exceeded all our expectations. Our room (Jewel Suite on the 12th floor) was large, clean, quiet and very comfortable. Housekeeping was unobtrusive but always timely...we never saw them but our room was always made up by the time we got back from our day out and was turned down when we got back from dinner.
The only small gripe would be the lack of fresh milk in the bar fridge...UHT doesn't really hit the 5-star level!
The location is great being an easy 5 min walk to Darling Harbour and with the newly opened light rail on site for trips to Central (makes getting in from the airport very easy).

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The_Star_Management, Manager at The Darling, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Dear Missi0nary,

Thank you for your review you left after your most recent stay at The Darling.

We are absolutely thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations and create such a memorable stay in one of our beautiful Jewel Suites! It was an absolute pleasure being able to provide you fabulous service, in particularly our housekeeping team who were able to wow you by their courteous and subtle services throughout the entirety of your stay.

We appreciate your feedback regarding the milk selection in your room and will continue to investigate this to ensure we continue to offer the highest level of customer service to each of our guests.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Darling when you next decide to stay in Sydney. You are most welcome to contact us via darlingassistantmanager@star.com.au should you need any assistance arranging your next stay.

Reviewed 20 October 2018

Stayed for one night only. Was surprised how friendly and helpful staff are. Room was lovely, bed and pillows wonderful. Turndown service was a surprise (would have left the room tidier had we known)

I was with a friend and had booked a twin room. Toilet and shower situation was a disconcerting. It felt like there wasn't any privacy. Yes the glass walls and doors had frosting and the lighting faciliated a degree of privacy but not enough for friends. The shower was in full view of both beds.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
The_Star_Management, Manager at The Darling, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2018

Dear 2shea,

Thank you for your review your left after your stay with us at The Darling.

It’s lovely to hear that our staff could exceed your expectations and were able to make you feel so welcome!

Our housekeeping team absolutely love to spoil all our guests and loves to surprise our guests with a turndown service which allows you to feel completely relax and feel comfortable for a settling evening. We do apologise that you felt you didn’t have enough privacy while in the bathroom. We try to satisfy everyone’s preferences regarding to all our room designs. On your next stay, we would be more than happy to show you some of our suite rooms in which the bathroom is differently designed with a separate living area also.

2shea , you are most welcome to contact us via darlingassistantmanager@star.com.au should you need any assistance arranging your next stay and had any questions regarding our room designs and features.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

We had a most enjoyable overnight stay at The Darling. The wonderful service started as soon as we exited the taxi, the porter welcomed us and took our bags. The check in staff were courteous and friendly and walked us to the elevator while explaining all the features of the hotel. She recommended a restaurant which we loved. While we were out to dinner, room service cleaned our room and placed complimentary slippers beside the bed and lip balm on our pillow. Bed was super comfy and the shower had the option of rain flow or hand held shower head which is great for my very tall husband. Complimentary toothbrushes were a nice touch and a coffee machine was a nice way to wake up in the morning! I would recommend The Darling if you are looking for a lovely stay!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Puddinsmum,

Thank you for your review you left after your most recent stay at The Darling.

We are delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay and appreciated us showing you some of our beautiful features, that are available to all our guests, on your arrival.

Our wonderful housekeeping team are re-known for how much care and time they take with personalising and exceeding your expectations – we are thrilled to hear that you agree and loved your turndown service with all the little touches.

Puddinsmum, it was an absolutely pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to meeting again. You are most welcome to contact us via darlingassistantmanager@star.com.au should you need any assistance arranging your next stay.