“Delicious handmade noodles & modern dumplings”
Review of Chefs Gallery

Chefs Gallery
Ranked #281 of 6,916 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 29
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Chefs Gallery is a Sydney Chinese dining experience like no other. Its exceptional menu presents masterpieces from all corners of China in a sumptuous kaleidoscopic explosion of fresh and exciting flavours, textures and aromas. At Chefs Gallery we embrace the Chinese cultural heritage of sharing meals - where dining is casual in its structure with no designated entrees or main courses. Instead, our Chapas (Chinese style tapas) offers an extensive range of creative dishes with a modern twist that are specially prepared in delicious small portions for sampling and sharing with family and friends. Among these are some traditional and familiar dishes that have also been given the Chefs Gallery Chapas treatment. The signature Chefs Gallery fresh, handmade noodles take centre stage behind the glass-walled kitchen. Patrons can watch the culinary theatre as balls of special noodle dough are transformed to form the finished twists of delicate noodles, in a blur of dexterous hand movements by the master noodle chef. From traditional noodles to new flavours like spinach and squid ink, these silken strands are all freshly prepared, being pulled, split and folded in minutes and cooked specifically to your order.
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Chef's gallery has been a hit since its first store in the CBD. After visiting there so many times I wondered if the other locations were going to be just as good and it is! The feel of the place & menu is modern with such a huge variety to choose from. Start with one of the refreshing blended drinks, my favourite is the lychee mint. Or a beautiful tea that blossoms into a flower in hot water. Must haves are the dumplings, buns & wontons. My personal favourites are their noodles and peking duck roti! All the noodles are handmade fresh daily. Even if you are too full for dessert, have some of the cutest sweet buns. Of course there are also delicious mango pancakes or a more Westernised pannacotta. The buns are not overly sweet or heavy, they are the perfect ending to a great meal.

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

Nice place. Noisy. You can't book. We had a party of 5 and didn't need to wait long so all good. That was a Tuesday night. Excellent food, great to share. Good prices.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

I was in Sydney for business and found this place on my last night looking for takeaway. So wish I found this place on day one as I would have eaten here every night.
It was very busy inside the restaurant which is always a good sign.
Has a side door for takeaways and seperate menu prices. Ordered the Prawn Fried Rice and Wontons in Chicken Soup. OMG it was so yummy.
Will definitely come back here again when visiting Sydney.

Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant more than 4 times (the ones in the city and Macquarie Centre). Always enjoy the food, my favourite is the Peking Duck roti.

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

I came here for dinner with my brother based on a friends recommendation. We were lucky to get a spot because it was busy. We were seated along the bench where we could see into the kitchen and watch the chefs cook and make noodles from scratch. It was amazing and the food was absolutely delicious. We ordered the peppered wagyu beef, duck in lychee sauce, Chinese broccoli in oyster sauce and the pork belly. It came out quickly and was more than enough for the two of us. Some of the best food I've had and will be heading there again the next time I'm in Sydney.

Date of visit: September 2016