“Family Surf Lessons”
Review of Manly Surf Guide

Manly Surf Guide
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn to surf in Sydney! Manly Surf Guide are a boutique surf guiding company that offer small group surfing tours and surf lessons in Sydney's famous Manly Beach and Sydneys beautiful Northern Beaches. A local business owned and operated by Dee Why’s Ryan Hayfield, Ryan and his hand picked team of local staff have grown up surfing at Dee Why, Manly and Sydney’s Northern Beaches. Our guides know exactly where to go in all conditions. Ryan is one of Sydney’s most sought after surf coaches with over 15 years coaching experience and has been surfing since age 5. Ryan and his team are young, fun and full of energy. Each guide has completed a Level 2 Surf Coaching Course, APOLA (ocean safety), Advanced First Aid and Advanced Resuscitation qualifications. Ryan and his staff are passionate about the ocean and the sport of surfing and pride them selves on giving you an authentic surfing and Australian cultural experience. Manly Surf Guide is a successful company purely relying on word of mouth recommendations from providing a quality personalised service, rather than a large marketing campaign.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Reviewed 27 December 2016

We got surf lessons for our two pre-teen children and my wife and I. None of us had any experience.

After a quick discussion of how to get up on the surf board (i.e. surfing), you get in the water and begin to learn. Everyone had a great time.

1  Thank Todd R
RyanHayfield, Owner at Manly Surf Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Hi Todd,
Thanks so much for your feedback on our TripAdvisor page. We value feedback as it helps us to improve our service and manage our staff.
You all did really well and we had a great time teaching you.

Looking forward to surfing with you all again soon.
Ryan Hayfield

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

We had a great private lesson at Dee Why with Ziggy. He was interesting and fun to hang out with, great conversation when we waited for waves and super helpful getting us going.
I pretty much wanted to keep him as our personal surf guru for every time we go out now. Really great guy, really fun day.

1  Thank RuthanneFSJ
Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

Just moved to Australia last September and here in the northern beaches late October. I've been determined to get back to surfing after a long time but I have that fear inside me for quite a while because I had a near drowning incident before, due to a bad wipeout in Bali from another surf company. I signed up for the 2-day surf adventure. I was unsure at first how big the group would be for the lessons but I was happy it was only a small group. Ryan was really laid back and easy to be comfortable with. I've had different instructors on those 2 days but both Joel and Matt were awesome. They were professional, helpful and encouraging. I started getting comfortable with the waves again after the lessons. I'm gaining confidence again in the water as well. Will definitely go for more lessons. Cheers!

1  Thank airaq2016
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Our instructor Steve is a god in the water, should be called Poseidon, he has great understanding of how his water world works, and transmits this knowledge to you in an easy uncomplicated way. Steve takes away the fear you have when starting out, because of his phenomenal approach, making you leave every time with an awesome feeling that makes your day, trust me! He is fantastic with kids too!!

2  Thank penrithpanthers
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Easily the best surf lessons I have ever had. Steve was very knowledgeable and could spot mistakes easily and knew exactly how to correct them. He was also so enthusiastic and stoked to get people surfing, which made the days a lot more fun. I only planned on having one lesson but ended up having four because it was that good. Surfing improved immensely after my lessons. The lunch provided was also perfect after you have worked up an appetite.

2  Thank Leylo121