“Decent place to stay....”
Review of Bounce Sydney

Bounce Sydney
Ranked #3 of 149 Speciality Lodging in Sydney
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed here just for a night !

However, the stay was very comfortable. The hostel has all necessary facilities for anyone looking for a decent accommodation at a very low cost.

The kitchen area, the lobby, the chill-out areas were all very good. The hostel is maintained very well and the bathrooms are sufficient and clean.

The location is very good. Just outside the Railway Station !

Enjoyed the stay and will definitely stay again....

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 April 2012

The hostel is in a spectacular location, right next to Central Station, the rooms are nice, its good for the security conscious, key pad locks on the doors, lockers in the room. All good points. However the staff were unhelpful and the place is also full of long-termers who don't exactly make you feel welcome. The free BBQ that was held on the sunday ended up with the staff giving all the food to the long-termers who lived there. The kitchen was really good, clean and there was a lot of storage space. Hostel itself - Excellent. Staff - Terrible. Evens out to an average.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Froogle89
Reviewed 19 April 2012

The location is very good, rooms and kitchen are clean. Staff is not friendly, when I check in the room, key card is not working, at the meantime, another staff across to my room and open the door for me. After unpack my luggage, I went to reception to check the key card. The lady said she gave me the wrong room, I should stay at the other floor. I said I don't want to change as I unpacked. She said no, I should change immediately. She is not helpful at all. Please imagine I fly for over 10 hours and wait the room for 6 hours, how tired am I. I think I might not stay in this hostel again as the upset exprience.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank PataPataPeppy
Reviewed 9 April 2012

This is not the cheapest hostel in the neighborhood. So if you are looking for some place cheap for 1 night… pls move on (as this place has a minimum stay of 2 nights that applies to all bookings in all rooms types).

The location is a BIG plus – next to the Central Station (15-20 mins train ride to both Domestic and International Airport). However, being on the street beside the train station also means its noisy day and night (for the rooms facing the street and station).

The deco in the hostel is cool and the kitchen/dinning area on the rooftop has a nice view.

I was booked for a 4 Share Female Dorm w/ Private Bathroom, and was surprised that the bathroom is located outside the room (supposedly accessible only to those staying in that room). I thought the cleanliness of that bathroom sort of compensate for the “Private” price… But after checking out the other female bathrooms accessible on the same floor (which are rather clean), I would suggest to save that few dollars per night.

Side note: I consider Wifi expensive here… (AUD10 for 5hrs)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Fishy_jean
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Bounce is a great hostel in an excellent location and overall this should be a good experience for most.

I flew in on a random 24 hour stop-over in Sydney before going onto Thailand and I arrived without a booking for anywhere at about 6pm in the evening. Discovered this place online, had no problem booking a single bed and, although I wasn't excited about the whole idea of a hostel experience, I definitely made a good choice for my budget and requirements.

Initially, its location makes it a very easy and quick choice as it sits right next to Central Station, only 3 or 4 stops from the airport depending on what train you catch. As I only had till 5pm the next day to see some of Sydney, I literally wanted to dump my bag and go check out the city straight away and the location proved an easy and efficient option for such a mission. All you need to do is turn right out of the hostel and onto the main road, then it is straight all the way down to the Opera House.

The staff were super friendly and helpful. I was met with very helpful Irish guy who gave me a standard half hour free internet use, an extra 3 hours to just be nice, a map and sound advice about where I was and what to do on such a quick visit to the city. Other staff I talked to were all very friendly too and they let me use the top terrace before I left the next day.

The top floor is the communal lounge, kitchen and terrace area which has a great view of the city. This is obviously the main social area and I was met with a lively atmosphere and the Thursday night free cheese and wine night, a nice little bonus.

The room I stayed in was on the first floor in an all girls 8-bed dorm and I took the last bed in the room, a top bunk by the window. It gave me a great little view of the station in front and everything was like a 'normal' clean and modern hostel. There wasn't anything exactly impressive about the room or shared bathrooms so I can't help but feel that $37/night there could be improvements.

I am totally realistic about hostels, I have stayed in lots of them all over the world and Bounce rates high amongst them. However, my bed was squeaky. I was unfortunate to have someone below who didn't seem to stop moving but I do think that hostels should keep on top of this.

Overall, I would recommend this hostel despite the squeaky bed. If you are looking for a social hostel this would be great for you, there appear to be nightly events, it will have all the facilities you will need for short or longer stays and the terrace is the best part of it. I was too busy seeing Sydney so wasn't interested in the whole hostel thing and at 30 I am becoming one of the oldest in the crowd, but this option also suited my needs, it was clean, the staff were excellent and the location was perfect. Only people who desire total peace should avoid it but it should be a good option for most.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo