“Decent Thai on short notice”
Review of House

House
Ranked #2,873 of 6,385 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Surry Hills
Reviewed 23 August 2016

We stopped here because our first choice was closed but it was actually pretty tasty. I ordered the Larb with Duck but they were out of it so I got the duck lunch special and the bamboo salad which was extremely tasty. The prices were reasonable and if I would definitely go back. Several of the items were authentic Thai so if you're looking for more commercialized Thai, this is probably not the place for you...but if you are willing to try something out of the box, give this a go!

Diner's Tip: They only take CASH

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

Get to sit outside and enjoy nice food. Good to have the space in this area and you also have the pub attached.
Love their Gai Yang with sticky rice.
Good price and quick service for a spot of lunch on a work day.

Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

We came here for Friday night dinner cos we saw this restaurant has a pretty nice outdoor seating.
We ordered padthai, and stirfry cashewnut prawn.
The food came pretty quick. Pad thai noodle tastes like rubber with overly sweet taste, the prawn was uncooked ! Can you believe it ? I had couple til i found out something wrong with the taste !
I called the waitress, and asked but got pretty rude response. She was like " the prawn is cook, ok ? " stared at me. I was like " alright, if the prawn is cooked then let me talk to your chef ". She was freaked out and said that she will bring the prawn to the kitchen and check. Quick come back and get a response " ok, we will changed it for you " not even an apologise !

There are more Thai restaurant around.definitely not coming back.

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

A little different to your run of the mill Thai, well worth a visit, try the tongue.
Adjoins a pub so you won't go thirsty either.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

House has some of the best Thai I have had. It is regional Thai food so you see a few things that you wont see at your usual Thai restaurant.

As a couple of reviewers have noted, House is owned/run by the same people that run Spice I Am up the road. However, I rate House above Spice I Am. The food is nicer (Spice I Am can be a heat endurance test at times), you actually have a bit of room to eat and you aren't rushed out the door the second you finish.

It is also connected to a pub, so easy to get drinks.