“Un-cooked prawn !!!”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Surry Hills
Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

We came here for Friday night dinner cos we saw this restaurant has a pretty nice outdoor seating.
We ordered padthai, and stirfry cashewnut prawn.
The food came pretty quick. Pad thai noodle tastes like rubber with overly sweet taste, the prawn was uncooked ! Can you believe it ? I had couple til i found out something wrong with the taste !
I called the waitress, and asked but got pretty rude response. She was like " the prawn is cook, ok ? " stared at me. I was like " alright, if the prawn is cooked then let me talk to your chef ". She was freaked out and said that she will bring the prawn to the kitchen and check. Quick come back and get a response " ok, we will changed it for you " not even an apologise !

There are more Thai restaurant around.definitely not coming back.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for House

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

A little different to your run of the mill Thai, well worth a visit, try the tongue.
Adjoins a pub so you won't go thirsty either.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

House has some of the best Thai I have had. It is regional Thai food so you see a few things that you wont see at your usual Thai restaurant.

As a couple of reviewers have noted, House is owned/run by the same people that run Spice I Am up the road. However, I rate House above Spice I Am. The food is nicer (Spice I Am can be a heat endurance test at times), you actually have a bit of room to eat and you aren't rushed out the door the second you finish.

It is also connected to a pub, so easy to get drinks.

Reviewed 1 March 2016 via mobile

House is owned by the same people as Spice I Am down the road. Whilst the food is good, it isn't as good. The benefit being it is connected to a pub so cheap jugs of beer can wash down your authentic Thai. Still worth a visit, but not as good as Spice I Am. Good for lunch!

1  Thank Garth W
Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

Great food and awesome atmosphere. Food is well priced and delicious. we went twice, once for dinner and then back for lunch. They run lunch specials like $15 pad Thai. Well worth the visit