“Ok ”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Surry Hills
Reviewed 26 November 2015 via mobile

This place doesn't look much from the road. I ventured in to ask if they did takeaways as I didn't fancy eating out by myself (business trip). I ordered your standard Thai takeaways - curry puffs and phad Thai. Curry puff filling was tasty, I was a little disappointed with the pastry. Phad Thai again was tasty but the chicken was a little funny. Overall it was ok for me.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for House

Reviewed 24 November 2015

all good , do not order the chicken with the liver though bit of anaquired taste. all other items good. buy wine at bar

Reviewed 22 November 2015

Next door to my hostel, great way to start my gap year, very reasonably priced, quick service, great tasting and wide enough variety. Definitely be back.

Reviewed 6 July 2015 via mobile

Had dinner here after walking y and looking for something for dinner. We remembered having dinner here a few years back and enjoyed the night.
Walking in we were disappointed with the tired run down look. There was a car park parked in the middle of the outdoor courtyard out door eating area. So disappointing. Such huge potential outside. Maybe it's shut down in the winter months.
We asked for an outdoor table, but we're told the heater was broken. There must have been 6 heaters outside!!
We struggled it off and chose not to argue the point.
The restaurant is off the side of a pub. On asking for a beer we were directed to the pub (adjoining corridor) to bring back to the table.
The menu us unique and certainly not your standard Thai. Potentially very nice.
We ordered Green Papaya salad, a curry and and another dish that alludes my memory.
Two of the dishes were sooooo hot!! Like really hot. I enjoy hot food and normally doesn't bother me. But neither of of us could eat it. The curry was nice but kinda soupy. Clear broth type. Not what I'd normally expect from a curry. But nice.
I get it that this is part of the specific Thai cuisine, but a few words of explanation would have been helpful.
Overall disappointed.

1  Thank Williams3112
Reviewed 9 June 2015

Loved this place so much - it was near our hostel so we ate here one night - cute little place and we sat outside with heat lamps.

The Mussaman curry is divine and the lemon (lime) iced tea was beautiful too.