“Pathetic”

Ranked #873 of 6,793 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 23
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Deus Ex Machina Camperdown (The House of Simple Pleasures) has been sating the appetites and caffeinating the souls of motorcyclists, artists, mothers and brothers of the inner west for over a decade. Menu items have come and gone over the years but the multi-flavoured philosophy of the Deus experience has always been reflected in the seasonal specialities served up by the chefs at the Deus Cafe to the coffee fuelled congregation. From Poke bowls to house-baked Beef Pies, there is one consistent ingredient in every dish – an enthusiasm for uncomplicated, delicious food with a dash of the Deus special sauce. Just as the custom workshop next door creates two wheeled custom masterpieces, there is creativity and passion coming from the kitchen in Camperdown to surprise and delight the hungry crowds with bespoke culinary creations.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Arrived at 11.40 for breakfast and everything went downhill after that. Ordered an omelette and was then told that the kitchen could not “do that” but suggested scrambled eggs instead. Was happy to go with that but was then informed by our waitress that kitchen could not “do that” either!!!!!! We were then told that they could not get 2 eggs fried for my wife. So, no breakfast and they were not taking orders for lunch until noon.
If you don’t want to cook eggs, remove them from your menu. If you want to close the kitchen between breakfast and lunch, it would be a great idea to inform your customers when they are seated. Pathetic. Beautiful burger at Moo Gourmet Burgers in Newtown instead. Will not return to Deus.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

The cafe is attached to the Deus motorbike shop, both are worth a visit. The cafe offers a great selection of fresh juices and amazing salads (full bar menu & wide range of food too). Large portions and fresh, well presented and tasty food. Something a little different for the bike lover or not

Reviewed 30 January 2018

I recently stayed near Deus for a week and went nearly every day for a coffee and the occasional meal. Friendly service and coffee was great. The Eggs Benedict on a potato Rossi was very good.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

I live around the corner for Deus and go there every few weeks - so I would consider myself a regular.

Despite this, 4 of us went for brunch on Australia Day. The waitress at the reception area
(which seems to have been a new addition), was rude and offended that 2 of my friends had walked directly to a table. She abruptly gave me four menus and pointed in the direction of a table.

We sat at one of the communal tables in seats that had just been vacated. As the waiter approached to grab the plates and cups, we tried to ask him if he could also wipe the table. He totally ignored me.

He was in our general area a few minutes later (taking food to an adjoining table), so my husband tried to again grab him to wipe the table. He held up two fingers to my husband. We could only assume this meant that he would be back in 2 minutes to wipe the table.

After 7 minutes of further waiting, we got up and left.

Clearly they were't interested in our patronage today.

Really disappointing because on most other occasions, the service has been great.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I hadn't been to Deus for sometime and decided to take a client there. The staff were immediately welcoming and the menu was inviting. Food was great and it has the added bonus of being licensed and the parking was easy. Will go back more often.