“Horrible.. just Horrible and such a waste of money”
Review of Quest Potts Point

Quest Potts Point
Ranked #76 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Oslo, Norway
“Horrible.. just Horrible and such a waste of money”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My experience with quest Potts point was unfortunately a very disappointing one, apart from the friendly front desk, the hotel was way below my expectations.

For a start, the rooms were extremely small. We are a small family and felt that we were being squeezed in the tiny room

Second,Our room was facing a wall which was really depressing.
Third, the sink in the bathroom looks like it was stolen from a doll house, it was so small that water spilled on the floor when you wash your face, also the toilet can use a bit of scrub and bleach.Also, better toilet seat quality is much needed .

Fourth, and that for me was the worst of all, are cockroaches! Yup thats right we stayed for three nights and saw four cockroaches: one on the kitchen counter , one under the fridge, one in the bathroom and finally like a cherry on a cake, one on a bathroom towel .

These four points could be solved directly by the hotel management, thus improving the hotel standards and thus resulting in more positive reviews and feedbacks. There is, however, a point worth mentioning for me, though it has nothing to do with the hotel management, and that is ; the location, I was unaware of the fact that the hotel was located on a red light street and that this street is still active to this day and so as a family with young kids we just felt that this was an inappropriate place to stay at despite location proximity to train station as well as restaurants and shops.
it was very inconvenient with young ones specially that during morning times we encountered a few too friendly drunks/ junkies that approached us and that scared the kids a bit.

Room Tip: If you are a family or picky about cleaning standards, then just dont waste your money on that hotel...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel from the 29th to the 31st of March. I was in Sydney for a mix of business and pleasure. I was pretty excited about this hotel as the location is superb, the concept is modern, and it has a gorgeous view from the roof top terrace. Also, the staff seem young and friendly.

Upon my arrival I was offered to borrow a car from a friend to use during my visit in Sydney. I asked the girl in the reception if the room came with complimentary parking. She wasn't sure and asked the manager who said I was lucky as there was just one space left and handed me the access card for the parking area. I was thrilled and considered it my lucky day. I continued checking in and got my room. I was pretty disappointed with getting a room in the ground floor but brushed it of and focused on enjoying the vibrant location and atmosphere. The room itself was clean and neat. It was a bit of a disappointment that they do not offer complimentary wifi (this is 2012 step up your game). Also, they were not very flexible with late check for some reason.

My main complaint is in regards to my check out. As I was about to check out the girl hands me a bill for the parking of $80 (for two nights)!! I was completely stunned as I was under the impression that parking was complimentary, and I asked them specifically when I arrived. The girl got confused and confused and called the manager who happened to be the same guy who handed me the card the day I arrived. Well he suddenly wasn't as friendly any more. Matter of fact he was rude and obnoxious and basically called me a liar in front of his staff and other guests in the reception, claiming that if he was the one giving me the access card he would OBVIOUSLY have informed me about the price. I tried to explain to him that if I had known the cost I would have taken the access card as I could have managed just fine without borrowing the car. However, I stopped arguing with him as he was just making me too uncomfortable and honestly just wanted to get out of there. He charged $40 and I corrected him and said I was there for two night and paid him the $80. Now why would I correct him and paid the full amount if I was such a liar?

Pretty humiliating experience. I don't know if they get a lot of dodgy guests trying to scam them but I certainly do not appreciate being spoken to like that, I am certainly not a dishonest person, and I do not like paying for services I did not agree on. I had a wonderful stay in Sydney and enjoyed the city but instead of leaving with a smile I left feeling humiliated and $80 poorer!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Iris L
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The best thing about this accommodation is the central location to Potts Point, Kings Cross (not as dodgy as it used to be) and Darlinghurst with all the cafes and village-type atmosphere away from the sterile CBD. The CBD is only a 10-15min walk down the hill.

The rooms are quite cosy. We had an apartment, with a kitchenette, which was the main reason for booking it. However, there are such good delicatessens, cafes and markets close by we did not need a kitchen.

Check out this weblog for things to do around this area: www.sydney-jono.blogspot.com

Room Tip: We managed to get a free upgrade to a bigger room at no extra cost. The location is in a quiet back...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Belfast
Reviewed 27 March 2012

In some other reviews I have seen there is much said about the location of this hotel. All I can say is, to get there u get off at Kings Cross and the hotel is accessed by an alley which lies between two entrances to Kings Cross Station. But it's a handy location with bars close by and and perhaps a few strip clubs and adult shops will be to your liking. There is plenty of food to be had in the area too and a very good fresh fruit and meat market diagonally across the alley/street from thhe hotel.

The hotel itself was very clean and well presented. We stayed in room 234 on the second floor. Our original room was in the basement which was very nice except for the fact the bathroom sink was almost directly on top of the toilet giving anyone over 5 feet in height and 15 stone in weight a bit of a challenge when using the facilities. Staff were very helpful in moving us when this little problem was brought to their attention.

Room 234 was at front of hotel but we didn't hear too much of the screaming and cheering out on the street with the window closed. Air con was great, fridge and small kitchenette very handy, lovely comfortable bed. Only problem in the room is the floor of the en-suite gets a bit slippy after a shower with care to be taken not to be doing summersaults.

We sat out on the roof garden one of the evenings and had a pleasant view of Sydney whilst tucking into a take-away.

Over all happy with this hotel, reasonably priced, convienant to train station but we chose to walk into city centre, the red tourist bus also comes up the main road close to hotel which was very useful.

Hope you enjoy your stay there too.

Room Tip: Not room 106, but 234 is very spacious.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Big_Stevie_G
Auckland
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Convenient to lots of services in Potts Point with a supermarket just across the road.

Some of the rooms are very small, so depending what your criteria is check with the Hotel when booking. They do have larger rooms and some with city views.

The rooms are modern with excellent kitchen facilities.

If you like, check out my blog on what to do in Sydney over 7 days on www.sydney-jono.blogspot.com

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple