1,191 results
All reviewsdarling harbourrooms are smallgreat locationwynyard stationferry terminalshort staybigger roombed was comfortableminute walkclose proximitynight staystandard roomrestaurants and barsstayed here for nightsan easy walkcentral locationopera house
Reviewed 7 January 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My friends and I stayed here for a girls shopping trip at the beginning of December and it was wonderful! All being new to Sydney, we had no idea where to go or what to see but the amazing staff soon changed this. Every day they assisted us with directions, bus routes and recommendations on where to eat and drink- all of which were great recommendations as we never got lost and never had a dull moment. Even when I lost a button on my dress, the receptionist offered me her personal sewing kit to fix it. We formed a particularly good friendship with the Indian Duty Manager- think his name was Abhi (?) who was there every day of our 4 day stay.

Yes the rooms are small as is expected at an Ibis but they have everything you need and was always kept clean and tidy on a daily basis. The breakfast was lovely, nice and simple and just what you need to set you up for your day. The location was perfect for what we needed- close to King Street Wharf for restaurants and night life and in easy walking distance to Pitt Street and other shopping centers in town.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is heading to Sydney, particularly young people who are looking to have a good time. If you have never been to Sydney- no probs as the staff are more than willing to help and they have a wealth of knowledge to send you in the right direction. The GM should be very proud of the team here, can't speak highly enough of them! Thanks again, will hopefully be back again soon!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shauney O
Reviewed 3 January 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel is small. Small lobby and our room was the smallest we had at any of the other Ibis Hotels we stayed at on this trip. However, it was clean, the staff was super friendly and helpful and the location could not be better. It is close to the waterfront and also just several blocks away from the train station. At the train station there are grocery stores, bakeries and restaurants. Not a problem to go from the train station with luggage from the airport. A bit different going back because you have to pull your luggage uphill. We walked from the hotel to the Opera House - a bit of a walk but an interesting one. Also a bit of a hike to the Anzac Memorial but this was made interesting because you pass through an area of beautiful old buildings such as the Queen Victoria Building and others from the same era and older. The hotel will keep your baggage for you after check in, either by the counter or you take the elevator down to lockers - there is a charge for this but we were able to put all our luggage in one and we knew it was secure. The receptionist also told us about the fireworks at Darling Harbour which we are glad we did not miss. Altogether a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.

The staff were AMAZING, so friendly, and helpful. They come across as genuinely interested in me and my stay, and my activities, rather than the fake, put-on interest of so many other places.

The room was immaculate and comfortable, and above all, SILENT! Couldn't hear any outside noise whatsoever.

Only 2 minutes walk to the wharf; in fact, everything was close by. There is even a 24 hour convenience store across the road.

I had a fantastic stay, and will be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo