1,206 results
All reviews champagne bar club millesime infinity pool darling harbour corner room teething issues international convention centre luxury room anzac bridge light switches floor to ceiling windows club access beautiful hotel junior suite platinum member evening drinks guest services
Reviewed 2 April 2018

From the moment we stepped through the doors, to the moment we got to our room, through to the moment we (sadly) checked out, the Sofitel Darling Harbour had exceptional customer service. It was noted that all staff behind the counters in reception made an effort to step out from behind their desk to greet you personally before serving you behind their desk. Our room was sensational, and had harbour views as well as south-Sydney views where you could see the sunset. The room was perfectly clean and beautifully designed. We enjoyed time by the pool, at the champagne bar and at club millésime on the 35th floor (which is more than worth the extra money). The whole hotel is very modern. It is also worth mentioning the Senior Butler, Elmo, who had exceptional customer service and made our stay at the Sofitel Darling Harbour one we will never forget. Thank you Elmo and thank you to all the staff for making my partner and I feel extra special!

Room tip: All of the harbour facing rooms have spectacular views and you can even catch the sunset over the South side over Anzac Bridge.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Greg_Brady_GM, General Manager at Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Bonjour Chloe G,
It is with delight I read your comments and I would like to thank you for sharing them on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased you had the opportunity to enjoy so many different outlets of the Hotel during your visit and our ambassadors will be encouraged by your exceptional feedback.
Thank you again, we hope to welcome you back for another magnifique experience.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Fantastic recent experience. Hotel itself is very clean and equipped well (although seating by the pool was quite difficult to obtain at times). Views to die for. The food in Club Millesime was better than in many similar clubs we've visited. What distinguishes this particular hotel, however, is its staff. All staff we encountered were friendly and attentive, and housekeeping was very helpful and prompt. The Club staff were even better, especially Elmo. Elmo was the consummate client experience professional. Given the volume of guests he must see in any given week, his personalised service, memory and attention to detail are impressive. In particular, he took extra steps to ensure our five year old son's experience was as memorable as ours and for that reason alone we would happily visit again. I think this is the best Australian Sofitel we've visited.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Bonjour lukecY8180QI,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us at the Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to read your comments regarding the service you received from the wonderful Elmo in Club Millesime and will certainly congratulate him on his efforts. I am pleased to advise we are also working on additional seating to accommodate the guests at our pool which has proven to be a popular outlet of the Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back for another visit again one day soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Such a stunning hotel. Every room styled just right and all having a fantastic view.
What surpassed the view was the staff and service!!
All exceptional - something a level above I have come across in Aus!

Won’t be going anywhere else!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Bonjour JohnAnne12,
It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and I would like to thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. Your kind words regarding the service you received from our ambassadors will act as encouragement for their great work.
We all look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I spent three nights at the Sofitel which opened in October, 2017. I was on the 30th floor. The room was large enough for a single person. My son's family stayed in a nearby room with two double beds -- that room seemed rather cramped for two adults and two children, ages 8 and 12. The view from my room was fabulous and very private because there are no nearby buildings as tall from which others could look in on me.
The children went swimming on our last day there. There is an outdoor infinity pool so you have an illusion that you are going to fall over the edge into Darling Harbor! The pool isn't very large and there was no jacuzzi or sauna. There was a fitness room.
The staff were excellent and extremely helpful. I chatted with the room maid and she volunteered to me that she enjoyed working there and felt she was well paid. What more could any one ask for than a satisfied employee.
The location was extremely convenient -- steps away from the Harborside Shopping Center (with a large food court) and the Hard Rock Cafe as well as Darling Harbor park and the harbor itself.
I have only one complaint. There is a motion detector in the room and if it doesn't detect motion for a set period, all the lights go out. This happened to me four times -- after the second time, I reported to the front desk and they sent a maintenance person. Then it happened a third time and another maintenance person was sent. On the fourth occasion, a nice young porter explained to me about the motion detector. All the lights going out when I was sitting at the desk at midnight is a kind of scary experience!! If the front desk had warned me when I checked in I would have given this hotel five stars without any deduction.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Greg_Brady_GM, General Manager at Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Bonjour cgwm808,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay with us at the Sofitel Sydney Harbour. It is disappointing to read that you were not advised of the motion detector in the room and I would like to apologise for the shortcoming here. I have shared your comments with the relevant departments to ensure that all our ambassadors are made aware to inform our guests.
Thank you for choosing the Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour to accommodate you on your recent 3 nights in Sydney. I hope for an opportunity to welcome you back for another visit again one day soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

From the time we stepped through the doors it was amazing, staff could not be more helpful. Our room was amazing with a magnificent view of Darling Harbour, wonderful amenities, bed comfy. Had a drink in the champagne bar WOW. My only thing not up to scratch was the breakfast in the club lounge, way over cooked eggs. And very underwhelming menu.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple