“What a great meal.”

Sorenzo Contemporary Japanese Dining
Ranked #83 of 6,792 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: US$ 50 - US$ 78
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Sorenzo contemporary Japanese dining delivers a modern interpretation of authentic Japanese cuisine presented with refined flair. Located conveniently in the heart of Sydney Darling Harbour, the venue offers beautiful views of the harbour and city skyline. Our unique blend of modern and authentic Japanese cuisine brings a true breath of fresh air with the selection of sake and cocktails that have been designed to complement every single dish.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had the $80 dollar degustation menu and I lived in Japan for 18 years but this was the best feed ever.The wage steak was superb as was the tuna, but every course was wonderful and this view was shared by the three other members of my group.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had dinner here with some friends. Tried their Miso soup, agedashi tofu, vegetable tempura and their salmon and soft shell crab rolls. Very decent Japanese fare, quick efficient service but the menu price was a bit too pricey for the food that was there. But having said that, it is a nice place to impress a date given the lovely view of the Darling Harbour at night

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

My friend and I enjoyed a lovely meal out on a Saturday night at Sorenzo. We enjoyed the service from staff who were friendly and attentive. The food was very good and well presented so would go back again with a group or just with my husband on a date night! We were lucky to dine during fireworks display over the harbour so that was just a bonus in terms of our great experience at Sorenzo.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Considering I rocked up unplanned at peak time on a Friday night on my own I might have forgiven Sorenzo for not making a huge effort with me. However, the absolute opposite was true and my entire experience in Sorenzo was delightful. The staff could not have been more attentive and helpful. I ordered miso scallops and twice cooked pork belly and both were beautiful, original, and delicious. The fusion sake-based cocktails were gorgeous. The vibe was relaxed, simple and unpretentious. The restaurant was pretty busy but never too loud. And the views over Darling Harbour are pretty special. I felt the price was entirely reasonable.Really the only negative for this restaurant is the unprepossessing entrance, situated as it is at the top of the escalators on the first floor of the the Harbourside shopping mall. Don't let that fool you though, this place is a gem.

2  Thank sailormum79
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Found this place on social media cause of the videos of their sashimi presentation. So decided to head there to try.
Food was mediocre. Nothing to complain about the sashimi as those rarely go wrong unless it’s terribly unfresh. But the giveaway about its true freshness was the uni (sea urchin) sushi we ordered. Instead of the usual creamy sea urchin, it tasted bitter and with a terrible lingering taste. It’s the taste that we’ve come to recognize when the sea urchins are not fresh.
The grilled lamb’s sauce was too salty and yet not done properly to get rid of the strong smell of the meat.
Sushi was mediocre. All in all wasn’t a fantastic Japanese restaurant for the price we paid. I suppose the price could be coming from the view and it’s location.