“pints are for the food, the rest of the experience wasn't fantastic”

Brooklyn Depot Surry Hills, Sydney
Ranked #3,002 of 6,846 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 22
Neighbourhood: Surry Hills
Description: About Us Brooklyn Depot, is much more than just a burger bar! It's your ultimate hangout - inspired by Old Brooklyn confidence and swagger, but with our renowned laid back Aussie style. The Chef prepared menus serves up authentic Old Brooklyn street specialties, with handcrafted burgers, hot dogs, salads and desserts, along with a top-shelf drinks selection from a fully stocked bar. The emphasis is on sharp service, impressive but affordable menus, and a bustling American vibe. Customers can experience their own slice of Brooklyn in a uniquely stylish but casual setting. Ya' welcome! Inspired by Old Brooklyn, our Chef prepared menu of Handcrafted Burgers, Hot Dogs, Salads and Desserts will get your tastebuds ticking. No one can go past our delicious BBQ Pork Ribs, Chicken Wings and Chips while those who love their sweets, how about Double Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich, Caramel Pecan Brownies and more? Try our Thick Handspun Milkshakes or our fully stocked bar for the perfect after work destination.
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Bit of confusion over booking a table. I was told they didn't book tables then when I went in a girl told me they did and took my name down in a book, pointed out some table options (I picked one) another guy, quite friendly, told me they could pull together the tables at the front for us too if we preferred. genuinely seemed very helpful. I called the same day to ask if we could move our booking from 5:30 to 5pm and was told yes no problem.

When we turned up for the Christmas dinner we were told no table was booked (even though id seen someone write our booking down!) got directed to a different table to the one i'd discussed and the staff weren't very helpful at making sure we were comfortable. Just a bit of a "you can sit here or here situation"

The waiters/waitresses weren't very helpful and didn't seem to want to be there, but the food was awesome!

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Attended on a Wednesday night, place was fairly empty and no vibe at all. Nice greeting on arrival by the Irish and UK female employees, where are the Americans? Haha. Got seated in a booth which was made for 5 year olds, very small not sure what happened there with the design.

Tried to order a pint of the house pale ale and was later informed they are “out, getting a new keg tomorrow”. Doesn’t help me...got coors (terrible beer for $8 a schooner).

My wife and I ordered burgers: the classic and the Depot Burger. Food arrived fast but the meat was highly under seasoned. All we could taste was meat. This was a real let down. My depot burger (bacon was nice, as was the bread bun) was a real let down. This tasted like a burger my 8 year old nephew makes on home burger night. No seasoning, no flavour at all.

I would suggest the cooks go to “Mary’s” in Newtown to try a real burger and how it should taste.

Fries tasted like McCain’s from a freezer bag.

I wouldn’t say this is that bad, just a real disappointing experience for a burger place that in this highly competitive burger world do not seem to try and win customers. Lift up ur game fellas!!

Food:2.5/5
Service: 4/5
Experience: 2.5/5

Probably won’t be back.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

ordered a burger with no aioli,came covered in so much aioli was uneatable,paid for a beef patty extra on mushroom burger,no beef to be found,I am so tired of these restaurants not being able to actually read orders & there food is not cheap !

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

If you love big Amer­ican-style burgers and a tasty twist on traditional American cuisine, you’ve hit the jackpot with Br­ooklyn Depot.
The burger and cockt­ail bar have recently expanded their menu to include a varie­ty of share plates that taste just like the all American cla­ssics, but look very different from them! Take the Cheesebur­ger Empanadas or the Lobster Mac and Che­ese for example – de­liciously different
They also have a sup­erb selection of int­eresting cocktails starting from $14, an excellent accompani­ment to their menu choices
Conveniently located on Holt Street in Surry Hills, Brooklyn Depot is a great pl­ace to get your Amer­ican fix. My only ad­vice, come HUNGRY!

For more great places like this visit around Sydney visit mybondisummer.sydney and head to the city guide. Discover your endless summer!

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Came here on a busy friday night with friends, but we were seen to straight away. I ordered the Brooklyn classic burger with fries and it was unreal! We also tried a few cocktails that were even better. Would 100% recommend and would definitely return.