“Excellent last meal in Sydney”
Review of Mercado

Mercado
Ranked #58 of 6,740 Restaurants in Sydney
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 14 July 2018

Service was excellent, we didn't feel rushed at all. Staff even took the time to provide us with some travel tips, after hearing about our upcoming trip.

With a group of four we ordered: polenta & parmesan fritto, kingfish ceviche, 4 Spicy beef empanadas, spiced cauliflower, Turkish style pumpkin ravioli, wood roasted flathead and the Wagyu rump. Plenty of food, but we absolutely cleared our plates. Don't miss out on the polenta, it was great.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We were looking for something close to our hotel & found Mercado on TA. Flunked the last table & fantastic friendly service from beginning to end. The grilled octopus & waygu rump were the standouts for us, nicely washed down with Torbeks Shiraz. Also the biggest selection of Spanish Albariño I've seen in one place. Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

LI booked Mercado for a work dinner for 30 people and we had the set $65 menu which is excellent value for money.

Absolute flawless service from our waitress. Our wines were never empty and constantly topped up - I lost count.

Standout dishes were the smoked hummus with flat bread, the turkish ravioli with yoghurt and burnt butter, the grilled chorizo and lastly the suckling pig which was tender and juicy with crackling!! Wow and I mean wow!

I have walked past this place a million times and never noticed it - what a hidden little gem.

Highly recommend especially for a corporate dinner and I would definitely book again. Looking forward to returning!!

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Another great find via TripAdvisor. I love Spanish food and although tapas all the way in Sydney seemed like a risk, we were not disappointed. Everything was delicious from the warm, soft, perfectly seasoned flatbread to the wonderful pumpkin raviolis. Our waitress even informed us they had fresh truffle and offered a few slices for the top of the pasta. What a treat! The servers were attentive and let us order as we went. The servings are pretty generous. Our group of 3 had about 2 starters and 3 entrees which was plenty. Also a really cool vibe tucked away behind busy George Street. We really enjoyed our experience.

1  Thank wanderingmillenial24
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Don't get me wrong - very pleasant when it arrived. I was dining alone, and have never experienced being ignored by fast moving staff quite that much anywhere else. As in actually surveying the table to see what was needed and then moving on, while I was waiting, hands folded, trying to make eye contact. Just silly. Food was good but not spectacular. Wine list is amazing.