“Wonderful tapas and wine”
Review of Mercado

Mercado
Ranked #89 of 6,068 Restaurants in Sydney
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Just called in to Mercado after a concert at the Recital Hall for a bottle of wine and tapas with friends.
Chorizo balls, anchovies, zuchini flowers and haloumi with figs, all delightful with a Navarre wine. A nice end to the evening.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

The restaurant to me was too touristy in that large rooms,noisy,dark. The staff were great the food average, there are a lot more interesting restaurants in the area hat far surpass this one. As mentioned ok but I would not go back

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Hustling and bustling nested in Ash street is this great little place for meat lovers.

There is mixture of sharing dishes of various sizes of different type of meats.

We shared (between 4 of us) wagyu tongue, calamari, cauliflower salad and suckling pig (special main). All of them are great though I wished the suckling pig cracklings could be crispier that it was erring on the side of chewy and the meat was a tad dry.

They do have a time limit for earlier dining time so we didn't have enough room for dessert. Guess that's an excuse to revisit!

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

We had a great Meal here. The venue had a great vibe with excellent staff.

Prices are on the high side, but expected and i thought were worth it.

I would to go back again and try more of their great menu.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

I'm fortunate enough to live in the Bay Area in California, known for some of the world's finest food. We have great chefs with access to the best ingredients and discerning diners. So I've eaten some good food in my life. And I've had meals as good as the one I just had at Mercado, but none better. The roasted prawns with chili oil and romesco sauce were large, meaty, filled with flavor. The cauliflower salad with pine nuts and pomegranate and lebne (yogurt, basically) was perhaps the best vegetable dish I've ever had. I dropped a piece on the ground while transferring it to my plate, and cried a little. The roast chicken was incredibly moist, with a crispy, salty skin and layers of flavor. Dessert? Dulce de leche ice cream with butterscotch and candied bacon. I'm stuffed, but ready to do it all over. Great service, too.