Waldorf Canberra Apartment Hotel
Mercure Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$ 170
US$ 94
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$ 100
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$ 72
Avenue Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$ 136
US$ 124
University House(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$ 78
  • Restaurant
Oxley Court Serviced Apartments(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$ 142
US$ 131
Premier Hotel & Apartment(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$ 138
US$ 111
Agoda.com
Ovolo Nishi(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$ 175
US$ 134
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewscentral locationcity walkwashing machinelondon circuitbbq areastay there againsofa bedgood sizeserviced dailyparking spotthe air conditioningbit datedfully equipped kitchenlocation is greatthese apartmentslaundry facilitiesper day
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We had a two bedroom booked, sleeps 6 with a double sofa bed in the lounge for our youngest two.

Pros -
Great location, close to all shopping, park and skatepark.
Groceries (Coles) close by and convenient.
Restaurant and Cinemas were all within walking distance.
Really helpful Reception - we arrived Easter Sunday and our room had an electrical fault, we were promptly attended too and the room changed, albeit, smaller and without a king bed and but we did receive free parking for the inconvenience.
Great housekeeping - always cleaned and made the beds.
Convenient store on ground floor was well stocked for items such as laundry powder etc.

Cons -
Have to pay for on site parking that wasn't gaurantee - one night had to park down the street. (We did get this for free)
Apartments are tired and dated.
The pool area was less than optimal. Rust, peeling pain, benches with loose seats, showers disconnected, Sauna not working.
The gym was ok - most equipment worked.
Free wifi was not very usable.

Would we stay again?
Yes - because of location and price. A place to rest, cook a quick meal, do your washing, park your car, and access to shops, food and Cinemas.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Andrew L, General Manager at Waldorf Canberra Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear my1stmac,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us at the Waldorf Apartments Canberra.
I appreciate your feedback regarding the quality of the furniture and fittings, and the general maintenance of the room. We are in the midst of upgrading the gym equipment (in the next few weeks) and making improvements to the pool and sauna facilities.Hopefully if visiting in the future, you will be able to experience these changes.

I'm glad the location of the property suited your needs. It's also great to hear that our friendly Team looked after you and your family.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, and please find my details below if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference just up the road. Great location to the cbd for food
Smell like Chinese food when we got out of the elevator each night, the room size was great, pillows a bit lumpy but plenty to choose from. Room smelt musty, and the tv cabinet door had fallen off. Wish we were told that there was construction in the street (below our room) as they started at 5.30- 6am every morning. Otherwise not a bad stay

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear Aimee H,

I appreciate your feedback regarding the quality of the furniture and fittings, and the general maintenance of the room. I will ensure this is looked into, and I apologise for the inconvenience. We have recently advised the construction company next door that their start times had been earlier than authorised; and this has been rectified, but I am sorry that this disturbed your stay.

I'm glad the location of the property suited your needs.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed overnight on the weekend, was pretty confusing about parking when your not used to the CBD.

Room was very pleasant and spacious. Good value.

Unfortunately very unhappy with the receptionist we checked in with. Was beyond unhelpful (didn't even tell us what floor we were on) keep in mind this building has 9 floors to. So we had to go up every level and find it.
Rang the help button in the garage because the swipe card wasn't working, only to her to hang up on us mid conversation.
She was extremely sarcastic and defiantly did not want to be talking to us. When my mother wasn't looking she rolled her eyes at her and looked her up and down. Obviously didn't expect that I would see..

Lady we checked out with was the opposite and was very helpful, friendly and polite!

All in all a good place to stay. Just one bad experience with service.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Belinda G
Andrew L, General Manager at Waldorf Canberra Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Belinda G,

It's great to hear the room was comfortable, spacious and suited you and your mother's needs.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service received from one of our Team Members. This is unacceptable and not indicative of the service we aim to provide here at Waldorf Canberra.
Please find my details below; if you wouldn't mind, could you provide me with any details regarding the staff ember encountered while checking in? I'm pleased that the staff encountered upon your departure was more helpful and peasant.
I hope to welcome you back under more pleasant circumstances in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Booked this place as it was in the approved price bracket for work then decided to extend the Canberra trip to include the preceding weekend and in truth this price could not be beat.

The staff even arranged for me to stay in the same room even tho I was personally booking a cheaper one.

I ended up with an apartment with lounge, fully equipped kitchen and balcony. Super stoked at this.

It’s not new or high fashion but it was clean and a hugely practical place right near the shops and a $10 Uber from the National Gallery.

Mostly I just walked and explored Canberra from the venue.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Andrew L, General Manager at Waldorf Canberra Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Dear Wasamut,

It's great to hear the room was clean and comfortable, and the location of the property suited all your requirements.

We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two weeks.... love the layout of the apartment and having afternoon sunshine coming in. The apartment is fully equipped, and could be much cleaner. Towels have a weird smell but other than that I would recommend this because of the location!! Staff is friendly, especially at reception (thanks Ladies). Just be aware that unit 106 is directly under the gym and when they do weights or treadmill everything shakes and it feels like a quake!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Hannlie

It's great to hear the room was comfortable and the Team looked after you!
We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay and thank you for the feedback in regards to the noise from the gym area above. We have recently purchased new equipment and sound-proofing for the flooring which will alleviate this issue. Please accept my apologies for the disturbances. I will also bring up the cleanliness concerns with our Housekeeping department.

We hope to welcome you back in the future!